Know this as you watch today

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
We blew our chance .... As Aikman said ...

Know this Tony Romo wasn't good enough - he wasn't.
He flat out stunk v Det taking terrible sacks , came out flat , 3 an out and was off his game in a big spot - yet again.
It took a terrible flag pick up to wake us up.

VS Green Bay ? Same slow bad start same 3 an out to start ...
He only throws 19 times ... He misses chances to audible. .. He goes shotgun on 3rd n 1 and fumbles ...
He takes a handful of terrible sacks instead of throwing it away ...

Flip side a great QB in Rodgers goes 9 of 9 In crunch playing hurt throws 4 TDs and scorches us ala Montana - Danny White ...

Lost in all this catch or not a catch bs is the fact tony romo in the biggest spot of his career after imo an all pro season was meh...

I like him , great guy but he's not an elite QB and he's not a winner at least not yet.

Very disheartened today.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Romo didn't lose the game in GB, totally disagree with your assessment.

nablives

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'm done with it and have been for a few days. I was just about done with it Tuesday, but some of my fellow Cowboys fans are so hung up on the loss that I got sucked back in briefly. At the end of the day, Dallas isn't playing, and there's nothing we can do about it. That sucks, but it is what it is. I'm just hoping for good football today, and hopefully a Colts Super Bowl run as they annoy me the least.

P.S. Romo didn't lose that game.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Rodgers won the game ... Luck won the game ...

Tony Romo did not ...

Yes you can question Marinelli sitting back as well ... And that dunce Garrett end of the half ...

However Tony Romo didn't enforce his will over the game and the only reason we beat Det is the flag ... Because at worst they kick a FG up 10 game over.

Romo still massive question mark on his crunch ability .

weaver21

Reaction score
Don't agree with this at all. He made a perfect throw to Dez which should've given us the lead and possibly the win. And as for complaining about only passing 19 throws ... well he only threw four incompletions and one was the Dez catch and the other was when Witten dropped one so I'd say he was pretty damn efficient. Romo is far from the reason we lost last Sunday.

morasp

Reaction score
I'll definitely be rooting for the Seahawks today. With those cheap shots to Romo's knees, the catch that got taken away, and the post game comments by the Packers I hope really hope the Seahawks embarrass them today.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Rodgers won the game ... Luck won the game ...

Tony Romo did not ...

Yes you can question Marinelli sitting back as well ... And that dunce Garrett end of the half ...

However Tony Romo didn't enforce his will over the game and the only reason we beat Det is the flag ... Because at worst they kick a FG up 10 game over.

Romo still massive question mark on his crunch ability .

You do know that if Detroit does kick a FG, we still win by one, right? Another troll, pay no attention.

ejthedj

Reaction score
How can you blame the Detroit game on the refs and then ignore the fact that the refs screwed Tony in a much more crucial moment, and in a much bigger way? Clearly a troll

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

He flat out stunk v Det taking terrible sacks , came out flat , 3 an out and was off his game in a big spot - yet again.

He only throws 19 times ... He misses chances to audible. .. He goes shotgun on 3rd n 1 and fumbles ...

Flip side a great QB in Rodgers goes 9 of 9 In crunch playing hurt throws 4 TDs and scorches us ala Montana - Danny White ...

Lost in all this catch or not a catch bs is the fact tony romo in the biggest spot of his career after imo an all pro season was meh...

I like him , great guy but he's not an elite QB and he's not a winner at least not yet.

Very disheartened today.

You've done it!!! Worst post of 2015!!! And they decided it can't possibly be topped!! Contest is over.
Congradulations!! You've made no sense better than anyone could!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very disheartened today.

This feels like a troll thread.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Very disheartened today.

Throw out the 1 lob to Williams and he only missed 3 passes.

He didn't play defense and miss tackles leading to scores.

Also he didn't have the ball stripped by a great D play on the way to a potential TD or have a " catch" ruled NO on a technical interpretation, when the on field ref called it one.

In effect he played very well minus .

In fact we may see Russell Wilson with similar stats today, coupled with similar yards from Lynch being called " winner, clutch, cool under pressure "

Difference... He will be bolstered by a D who can tackle, not give up a TD on 3rd & 15 , and get the ball back in crunch time....

Ken

Reaction score
Horrible assesment. Can we delete this thread?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BiffTannenBackToTheFuture1985.jpg

This thread was Biff Tannen tested, Biff Tannen approved.​

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Troll?

Why because I said what needed to be said ?

Ask yourselves this - did Tony Romo play to win v GB or did he play not to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.