Kolb "upset" Reid didn't play him vs. Cards

Boysboy

Reaction score
When will this QB soap opera end in Philly?:lmao2:

http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1228280734162060.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

PHILADELPHIA -- The day after his forgettable second half against the Baltimore Ravens Nov. 23, Kevin Kolb was forced to ac cept the decision of Eagles head coach Andy Reid to start Donovan McNabb in the 48-20 victory over the Arizona Cardinals Thanksgiv ing night.

That does not mean Kolb had to like it.

"I talked to Coach Reid the next morning in his office and I was upset," Kolb said. "I want to be the guy, and I think I can be, but at the same time, I respected his decision, and it has turned out pretty good so far."

Asked if there was a difference between respecting Reid's decision and agreeing with it, Kolb said, "A little bit, sure. I wanted to start. Of course."

McNabb threw four touchdown passes after being benched for the first time in his career against the Ravens to help the Eagles (6-5-1) kept their faint playoff hopes alive.

"From one aspect, it was tough to watch, but I am glad we got the 'W'" Kolb said. "Donovan de serves a lot of respect and deserves his time, but like I've said, I feel confident I can be the guy, and I'm looking forward to being that."

Unless McNabb is injured Sunday or the Giants (11-1) slam the door early on the Birds at Meadowlands, Kolb will have to watch some more.

Not such an easy thing to do when your last performance re sulted in 10 completions for just 73 yards and two interceptions, including one returned a NFL-record 107 yards for a touchdown.

"That's the thing I was looking forward to -- getting back out there and getting that bad taste out of mouth," Kolb said. "Some of that happens with us playing good as a team, but it's still not as good as if you are out there yourself."

After not attempting a single pass as a rookie in 2007, and now forced to dwell on one of the worst performances of his career from the sidelines, Kolb is getting antsy..................

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
He better be careful not to turn some of the players against him there..

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Now that's really weird. Sports media everywhere are falling over themselves to give a medal to McNabb for being such a great player and for handling the one-game benching so well (puke), and now the young backup is talking about how he expects to be "the guy" in the media?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459056 said:
Now that's really weird. Sports media everywhere are falling over themselves to give a medal to McNabb for being such a great player and for handling the one-game benching so well (puke), and now the young backup is talking about how he expects to be "the guy" in the media?

I agree one hunerd persent with you post, dog boy.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Poor little Kolb got his feeling hurt :rolleyes:

Dude needs to grow up and realize his current role is backup. Whining like this will definitely turn some players against him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
viman96;2459105 said:
Poor little Kolb got his feeling hurt :rolleyes:

Dude needs to grow up and realize his current role is backup. Whining like this will definitely turn some players against him.

That's the media's spin. You don't know if the guy is being petulant or just being matter of fact. I'm certain the guys would rather have him want to be the guy than to be satisfied in being a backup.

As long as he's not being a disturbance I don't see a problem with it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jobberone;2459311 said:
That's the media's spin. You don't know if the guy is being petulant or just being matter of fact. I'm certain the guys would rather have him want to be the guy than to be satisfied in being a backup.

If TO had said he was upset it in a "petulant" or "matter of fact" way, he would still have gotten pillared by the media and this board.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
jobberone;2459311 said:

I agree if it was kept out of the media.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Boysboy;2459315 said:
If TO had said he was upset it in a "petulant" or "matter of fact" way, he would still have gotten pillared by the media and this board.
I think the word you (and some others) are looking for is "pilloried".

Main Entry: pillory Function:transitive verb Inflected Form(s):pilloried; pillory·ingDate:circa 1600 1 : to set in a pillory as punishment 2 : to expose to public contempt, ridicule, or scorn

Just tryin' to help... :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Kolb has every right to be upset, given how awesomely he played in relief of McNabb in the Baltimore game. :laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think it's manufactured. I highly doubt Kolb is so upset he's causing a scene or problems. He's probably more upset over his play than anything. This kind of thing wasn't done in the past.