Koren Robinson in rehab

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3853686

Robinson checks into alcohol rehabilitation

SEATTLE (AP) - Former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson has checked himself into a 28-day alcohol rehabilitation program in South Carolina.

"I've spoken with him recently and he sounds very positive with his attitude," Robinson's attorney Jon Fox said Monday. "He knows he has a lot of work ahead of himself, but he's willing to do whatever's needed."

Robinson's decision was first reported by ESPN.com.

Robinson pleaded guilty July 18 to a charge of driving under the influence, but he faces an additional probation violation charge because he had alcohol on his breath when he reported to serve a one-day jail term a few days later.

Fox said he'll ask a judge to postpone a hearing scheduled for Thursday on the probation violation issue, though he said Robinson might need to return to appear in court.

The Seahawks released Robinson in June after he was charged with drunk driving, the latest in a series of problems.

The receiver missed six games last season, four because of an NFL-mandated suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy and two others as punishment by the team for missing meetings.

Robinson was the ninth overall pick in the 2001 draft and had his best season in 2002, when his 78 catches and 1,240 yards receiving made him the second Seahawks player - after Hall of Famer Steve Largent - with a 1,200-yard season.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I'm glad Koren trying to get some help, i hope he gets his head straight he has the talent to be a good WR, just needs the right head.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I wish him well... but he also realizes it's the only way he'll play in the NFL again...