Koren Robinson Signs two year deal w/Vikings

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
How many receivers does Minnesota need? Surely they have other needs that are being overlooked. I like what they've done this off season but this makes no sense. They apparently got him very very cheap.

montgod

Reaction score
I guess he and Onterrio Smith can swap stories or... other items..haha...

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
montgod said:
I guess he and Onterrio Smith can swap stories or... other items..haha...

dont you all find it a bit odd that the NFL bans the use of Marijuana. i dont think it would really help you play better, so it's not really cheating. I mean I understand the whole athletes are role models angle, but I don't see it as a big deal what so ever taht someone smokes, as long as he doesnt flaunt it.

silver

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
dont you all find it a bit odd that the NFL bans the use of Marijuana. i dont think it would really help you play better, so it's not really cheating. I mean I understand the whole athletes are role models angle, but I don't see it as a big deal what so ever taht someone smokes, as long as he doesnt flaunt it.

well it's an ilegal drug. so if it's ilegal to use in this country then it has no place in sports. JMHO. anybody who wants to smoke it can relocate to the netherlands or jamaica.

montgod

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

We are talking about the NFL, not your local neighborhood flag football squad. The NFL is all about money and they know that if their image is tarnished, then they will lose money ultimately. And if that's the case, the owners, players will follow suit in losing money. THink of it as a HOA association....trying to keep the value of the NFL up. I am all for it besides the fact that I don't need to see another public venue who promotes the use of marijuana. And I am not trying to start a debate, but you can't say that marijuana wouldn't effect the sport from a physical standpoint if it was widely excepted.

I could see T.O. now...jumping in the stands trying to buy a joint at the same time instead of signing autographs. Or how about the Gatorade table, Joint chair, and the stationary bicycle area. Or the fan blowing the players w/the fumes from the joints instead of cooling them off. Yeah...I could really see some organized football after all that right? :laugh2:

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

It's not odd at all because it's an illegal drug. The NFL has to have working guidelines just like any other place of employment. Maybe even more stringent considering that their so prominent in the public eye. What's odd is the fact that you can't pay guys millions of dollars to "Just Say No". :confused:

montgod

Reaction score
Dallas4ever said:
It's not odd at all because it's an illegal drug. The NFL has to have working guidelines just like any other place of employment. Maybe even more stringent considering that their so prominent in the public eye. What's odd is the fact that you can't pay guys millions of dollors to "just say no". :confused:

Yeah...this reason too...haha.. it's illegal! Goodness...

montgod

Reaction score
silver said:
well it's an ilegal drug. so if it's ilegal to use in this country then it has no place in sports. JMHO. anybody who wants to smoke it can relocate to the netherlands or jamaica.

Or go by Randy or Ricky's house...depending on what coast your are on.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
sometimes a change of scenery works wonders for a career...plus the
weed in minnesota probably isnt as good as what you get in seattle.
haha..actually didnt he get in trouble for a DUI ??

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
poke said:
sometimes a change of scenery works wonders for a career...plus the
weed in minnesota probably isnt as good as what you get in seattle.
haha..actually didnt he get in trouble for a DUI ??

Yes, but what was he under the influence of? Obviously a drug because if it had been alcohol, he would've gotten a DWI. ;)

Kilyin

Reaction score
Dallas4ever said:
Yes, but what was he under the influence of? Obviously a drug because if it had been alcohol, he would've gotten a DWI. ;)

No, some states don't have DWI, just DUI (like VA). It's the same thing.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

Tom Landry and Tex Schramm just rolled over..

You're kidding..right..?

This is a sucker-punch thread..right..?

Ricky Williams..poster child for the THC-stricken.

Oh no..smoking pot doesn't affect your play or the quality of your life or impact others..

..just roll up another one and keep telling yourself...

..I'm Ok.

WOW.

oops. Sorry.

Far out, man.

parcellswaterboy

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The funny thing is that the players know they have to take a drug test at the beginning of camp. As long as they hold off using a few months prior they won't get caught, so the guys who do are either really stupid or really addicted. Once they get caught the first time then they go through the random test during the season.