Kornheiser on Monday Night Football

Sonny#9

Reaction score
parchy said:
Kornheiser just sounds like a dumbed down version of Dennis Miller to me.

Isn't he a Commanders homer?

No, he is really critical of the Skins when they are playing poorly. So he has been really critical the past couple of years (before last that is)...

...I am still hoping and praying that ESPN grabs some sack and hires Riggins...that may be homerish, but he does have good insights, and you never know what he is going to say next...

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Oh and just for the record, no body likes Theismann (as a broadcaster)

illone

Reaction score
Sonny#9 said:
...I am still hoping and praying that ESPN grabs some sack and hires Riggins...that may be homerish, but he does have good insights, and you never know what he is going to say next...

Won't happen, man. Riggo is a bit too out there for ESPN tastes. He'd be entertaining, though, haha.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
illone said:
Won't happen, man. Riggo is a bit too out there for ESPN tastes. He'd be entertaining, though, haha.

By "out there" I am assuming you mean "drunk"

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I actually like Tirico, Ive head him more recently doing college games, hes good

Tirico, Moose and Aikman would of been a good team

Well be getting a lot of Madden and Micheal doing our games, with the flex scheduling well be in high demand

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Chief said:
As far as I'm concerned, Monday Night Football doesn't exist anymore.

It's now just a game on Monday night.

The big production, the great intro music, the spotlight, the uniqueness of it .... it's all gone.
Someone needs to tell Kornheiser, Tirico and Theismann that their game is no big deal anymore and that nobody cares about them. It's another NFL game, that's all.

You're so right...It's sad...Because Monday Night games were supposed to be special and they've ruined it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
parchy said:
Kornheiser just sounds like a dumbed down version of Dennis Miller to me.

Isn't he a Commanders homer?
Hey Parchy, remember this name. Brad Taylor.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Kevin said:
Yeah, but it's been on ESPN. I'm sure you knew about the switcheroo.

Mods, can we somehow look up how many times the word "switcheroo" has been used on this board? I'm curious.

GOOD POINT

Dallas31

Reaction score
i agree....

monday will be an afterthought now....

sunday night will be the game to watch and the game players want to play in...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas31 said:
i agree....

monday will be an afterthought now....

sunday night will be the game to watch and the game players want to play in...
Exactly what will the difference be? All my friends watched Sunday night and Monday night football in past years and will again this year. The only difference is the channel you watch each night. Was Sunday night football an afterthought in previous years? No. Will MNF be an afterthought this year? No. Will both games be on primetime same as in the past? Yes.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Sonny#9 said:
No, he is really critical of the Skins when they are playing poorly. So he has been really critical the past couple of years (before last that is)...

Riggins is more homerish that Theeesman?? I didn't think that was possible... Good lord, if they got Theeesman and Riggins in the same booth I think my TV would explode.

I actually think TK would be good, but no one can save a booth with Theeesman in it.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Riggins is more homerish that Theeesman?? I didn't think that was possible... Good lord, if they got Theeesman and Riggins in the same booth I think my TV would explode.

I actually think TK would be good, but no one can save a booth with Theeesman in it.

I was saying Riggins instead of Kornheiser or Theismann...and read a little bit after that post - I can't stand Theismann as an announcer.