Kosier injury update- FWST

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Hopefully he can make it back before the end of the year. Hes more than solid.

Aikbach

Reaction score
eman721;2277632 said:
No, he didn't.
I disagree, i think he played decently, didn't give up any sacks and he played some big boys.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday;2277545 said:
Why was Kosier even active for tonight's game? You really have to wonder about some of these decisions.

This is just as dumb as having Hurd play in the final preseason game when we were already without Austin and Stanback.
because contrary to what some on the board think...Procter is not that good

Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2277256 said:
I just had a feeling this might happen because he was two weeks ahead of schedule with the foot.

Come on Holland! Proctor Blows.... I know he can do it...:starspin
Fixed it for you...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
eman721;2277632 said:
No, he didn't.

Proctor hasnt been THAT BAD.

Give the guy a little credit.

But if Holland knows the offense than he will start because he is just a better player than Proctor.

juck

Reaction score
Kosier is a big reason Cullen Jenkins was in Romos face all night.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nexx;2277587 said:
ahhh.. no. we ran right most of the time.

Exactly... Leonard Davis and Columbo were just wreaking havoc on the right side. Although the delayed draws where Felix picked up chunks of yardage went to the right. But those were outside of Flozell and the lineman were sealed inside. That is why I am excited with the potential of Holland, more than Kosier. Holland and Flozell are just too massive and should give us holes through the interior right-side.

Whoever was blocking Jenkins though was getting abused at points in time. I saw Flozell get abused by him once. And the pressure was getting to Romo from the second quarter onwards. The fourth quarter though, it was just over for Green Bay.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I was surprised he was back so soon. It'd be interesting to see what Holland can do.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
eman721;2277632 said:
No, he didn't.

Actually, by disagreeing with him you have proven his point to be true. Since he feels that Proctor has earned trust and you feel he has not, Proctor has indeed earned some degree of trust.;)

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Doomsday;2277545 said:
Why was Kosier even active for tonight's game? You really have to wonder about some of these decisions.

This is just as dumb as having Hurd play in the final preseason game when we were already without Austin and Stanback.

You do realize don't you that Austin has pretty much solidified his hold on the number 2-3 receiver spot.:cool:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2277222 said:
Kosier Injury Update
It appears as if the Cowboys made it through Sunday's game mostly injury free, that was until the second to last play of the game.
Guard Kyle Kosier, who missed the first two games of the season with sprained foot, appears have to suffered another injury to the same foot ... and this time it doesn't appear to be a good one. Not there is such a thing as a good injury.
The good news for the Cowboys is they have a capable backup in Cory Procter to replace Kosier.

- Mac Engel

So Holland still didn't beat out proctor......:confused: .......we gave up a 5th rounder for this guy......:rolleyes:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2278145 said:
So Holland still didn't beat out proctor......:confused: .......we gave up a 5th rounder for this guy......:rolleyes:

He hasn't exactly had a lot of time.....and the 5th rounder is in 2010. Anyone that has a problem with that is bonkers IMO. I'd thin the fact that we just lost our starting LG for the second time this season would prove how shrewd a move that really was.

Nexx

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2278145 said:

think about it this way. one probably needs a full training camp to get acclimated to a new offense, minimum. during the season, practices are much less about teaching and more about game planning, not to mention that they dont go through 2 a days. holland has been here for what... 3 weeks? training camp is a month? you do math.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
starfrombirth;2278140 said:
You do realize don't you that Austin has pretty much solidified his hold on the number 2-3 receiver spot.:cool:

What does that have to do with playing Hurd in the final preseason game when Miles and Stanback were already hurt? :cool:

Or with bringing Kosier back so soon when Proctor is playing well?

FCBarca

Reaction score
Was there really a good reason to play Kosier so quickly after getting back?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
FCBarca;2278938 said:
Was there really a good reason to play Kosier so quickly after getting back?

If the injury is something new then there is a good chance it is unrelated to the first injury. But we don't have any data to make any assumptions so......

He wanted to play and if they said he was ready then the coaches are going to put the best player out there.

Kosier played much like the rest of the OL. GB has one of the better DLs in the game and provided pressure often enough. The OL played well and GB ran out of steam.

I hope it's not as serious as the OP stated; not dissing him just hoping it's not bad.