KRAZY mock, Lawrence TRADE 3rdmock

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
thought i would see how this would look. Wont happen but i looks great.

ON the night of the first day at the combine, Dallas announces it trades Lawrence after not being able to agree on a long term deal. Dallas trade Lawrence to Oakland for #4 overall, and 34 overall for Lawrence and 58 overall.

without having to worry about Lawrence money Dallas has more for FA

Dallas signs Earl Thomas
Dallas signs Maxx Williams
Dallas signs Cameron Fleming

DRAFT

ROUND1
Quinnen Williams DT Alabama
Dallas gets the passrusher it needs

ROUND2
Marquis Brown WR Oklahoma
Slot guy who can take it to the house from anywhere

ROUND3
Joe Jackson DE Miami
depth and competition for the strong side

tm1119

Reaction score
I get that it’s just an excercise and you said it won’t happen but...

Tank + Woods >> Gregory + Williams

If the other teams don’t fear our ends it’s going to be their 3 interior o lineman vs our 2 DT’s...

I think it gets lost what kind of impact a player like Lawrence has on the rest of the D. Everyone wants to give Cooper a ton of credit for opening up the offense...I give the same credit to Lawrence on D.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I get that it’s just an excercise and you said it won’t happen but...

Tank + Woods >> Gregory + Williams

If the other teams don’t fear our ends it’s going to be their 3 interior o lineman vs our 2 DT’s...

I think it gets lost what kind of impact a player like Lawrence has on the rest of the D. Everyone wants to give Cooper a ton of credit for opening up the offense...I give the same credit to Lawrence on D.
Lawrence is a force. But this defense transformed because of Jaylon and Vander esch. They are what made this defense take the next step. Not Lawrence. He helped but the main factors were the LBers

tm1119

Reaction score
Lawrence is a force. But this defense transformed because of Jaylon and Vander esch. They are what made this defense take the next step. Not Lawrence. He helped but the main factors were the LBers

They were both great and made a huge impact no doubt but..
Jaylon is very affective in blitzing when asked to...but those 2 did/do not affect the pass rush. Give the QB time to throw and every D will be torn apart. Q. Williams isn’t making up the difference, projecting a rookie DT as an impact pass rusher year 1 is a pipe dream. And then there’s the fact that you were a few hrs too early making this thread with the Gregory news making getting rid of Lawrence almost impossible now

cnuball21

Reaction score
Wait...so we're trading a FA that we haven't signed? Is that even possible?

Sydla

Reaction score
And our DEs would be?

Armstrong, Charlton, Jackson?

We'd struggle to get to the QB even with Williams added at DT.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

ON the night of the first day at the combine, Dallas announces it trades Lawrence after not being able to agree on a long term deal. Dallas trade Lawrence to Oakland for #4 overall, and 34 overall for Lawrence and 58 overall.

Dallas signs Earl Thomas

DRAFT

ROUND1

ROUND2

ROUND3
Joe Jackson DE Miami

If Oakland didn't want to pay Khalil Mack why would they want to pay DLaw?

Techsass

Reaction score
I still can't figure out that Khalil Mack trade. How many 1st rounders have his impact on pretty much every game that they play their 1st few years? We've all seen the comparisons between Dlaw & Khalil.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Interesting......thought I was the only one noticing

BTW.....Also had thoughts about the same trade with the Raiders. Just weren't sure if Gruden would part with the 4th over. Thinking he would instead offer 24 and 27 for DLaw and 58.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Dallas signs Earl Thomas

DRAFT

ROUND1

ROUND2

ROUND3
Joe Jackson DE Miami
Why would any fantasy involve signing Cam Flemming?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If Oakland didn't want to pay Khalil Mack why would they want to pay DLaw?

Gruden has taken a lot of heat for trading Mack and Cooper. Both players had a huge impact on their perspective teams season. But even more, they left the Raiders w/o an identity other than Carr. If you remember both his previous heading coaching stops, he's always favored a team with lots of vet presence. Other words, he wanna win NOW IMO to justify his 10-year deal. The rumor of ABrown to the Raiders doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I was telling my neighbor, it would not surprise me to see him add A Brown, Le'veon Bell, and a top free agent pass rusher making the Raiders an instant contender for their divisional crown.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gruden has a 10-year contract.

They are rebuilding. That's why they wanted the draft picks.

DLaw is 2 levels of talent/ability below Khalil Mack but won't be that much less expensive. Probably 20M per for DLaw vs 23.5M per for Mack.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If the Cowboys could land the Colts #1 and another pick and sign Clowney I would REALLY consider it. Problem is Clowney is going to be franchised, so no other scenario really appeals to me unless you trust Frank Clark with a big contract.

MaaS

Reaction score
If the Cowboys could land the Colts #1 and another pick and sign Clowney I would REALLY consider it. Problem is Clowney is going to be franchised, so no other scenario really appeals to me unless you trust Frank Clark with a big contract.

The other problem is that if Clowney becomes available, the Colts would surely just keep their #1 and outbid us for him.

I do think a tag and trade of Lawrence is an option, but don't think we'd net anywhere near the #4 overall and a jump up the 2nd round. I understand there is appeal to dump him for a class full of DL talent -- but we're not the only clever minds out there that have noticed this. A strong DL class will significantly hurt Lawrence's trade value.