Video: Kris Richard mic'd up (nice)

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I remember we did this with that browns fullback that never did anything in Dallas. I’ll pass on this

Nashville_Cowboy

Reaction score
The coaching staff is hunkered down at The Star instead of attending the Senior Bowl. They are in the process of evaluating the players and schemes. After watching the video, I can only hope Coach Richard walks into his first staff meeting and lets 'em know that every defense in the NFL knows what's coming with our simplistic offense...somethings gotta change.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's plenty of energy and enthusiasm from this guy. He takes me back to what we saw when Jimmy Johnson was around. He should have a positive influence on the players. The Dallas defense sorely needs someone who exudes that kind of energy. Hopefully, they'll follow suit and display more energy and aggression for a change.

Last edited:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Nice article from SI in January 2015 on Richard and Carroll with reference to the building of the Legion of Boom.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/25/seattle-seahawks-kris-richard-legion-of-boom

Snippet:

When Carroll and Richard came to Seattle, none of the current Legion of Boom pieces were in place. The reformation began with the decision to select Texas safety
Earl Thomas with the 14th pick in the 2010 draft. Thomas has never missed a game and has played at an All-Pro level from the start. Later in the 2010 draft, the Seahawks doubled down with Virginia Tech safety Kam Chancellor in the fifth round. Chancellor became the face of the current archetype at the position -- a big, aggressive defensive back who innately understood the style Carroll and Richard required.

"That was a clear vision from coach from Day 1 -- that was a style we wanted to play, and there's a type of defensive back he knew was going to be able to play that style," Richard said. "These guys, they fit the profile. There's a profile that goes along with the style we desire. We knew the types of players we wanted to bring in, and here we are."

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Greg Jackson is Safeties coach, Richard is DBs if I understand correctly
I believe you are correct, though what if his philosophy differs from Greg; what if his evaluations of the safeties are different and how they imagine their roles?

Nashville_Cowboy

Reaction score
Nice article from SI in January 2015 on Richard and Carroll with reference to the building of the Legion of Boom.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/25/seattle-seahawks-kris-richard-legion-of-boom

Snippet:

When Carroll and Richard came to Seattle, none of the current Legion of Boom pieces were in place. The reformation began with the decision to select Texas safety
Earl Thomas with the 14th pick in the 2010 draft. Thomas has never missed a game and has played at an All-Pro level from the start. Later in the 2010 draft, the Seahawks doubled down with Virginia Tech safety Kam Chancellor in the fifth round. Chancellor became the face of the current archetype at the position -- a big, aggressive defensive back who innately understood the style Carroll and Richard required.

"That was a clear vision from coach from Day 1 -- that was a style we wanted to play, and there's a type of defensive back he knew was going to be able to play that style," Richard said. "These guys, they fit the profile. There's a profile that goes along with the style we desire. We knew the types of players we wanted to bring in, and here we are."

I agree that the enthusiasm Richard will bring is a huge benefit for our young secondary and I am excited about having him on board. Anyone have insight as to how new coaches mesh philosophies and schemes when someone new is brought on board? The highlighted quote above sounds nothing like Marinelli's scheme. Does that mean Richard will have to come in and adapt to the status quo of the Dallas defense or will he actually have a voice in changing the coverage schemes of the secondary? I'm very optimistic about this hire but not if he's handcuffed to fit into the Marinelli grand plan.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
of Boom
I agree that the enthusiasm Richard will bring is a huge benefit for our young secondary and I am excited about having him on board. Anyone have insight as to how new coaches mesh philosophies and schemes when someone new is brought on board? The highlighted quote above sounds nothing like Marinelli's scheme. Does that mean Richard will have to come in and adapt to the status quo of the Dallas defense or will he actually have a voice in changing the coverage schemes of the secondary? I'm very optimistic about this hire but not if he's handcuffed to fit into the Marinelli grand plan.

I agree and I hope he is given a voice that is unfettered by Marinelli but only time will tell.

You would think that if Marinelli handles the front end that Richard certainly can handle the back.

You have to think if Marinelli retires after the 2018 season that he may be a candidate to take over as DC.