Kris Richardson should be our defense coach

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I would love for us to hand Richardson the keys over to the whole defense now. Im not saying Marinelli is terrible but im really not a fan of his scheme to be honest.

We know Kris Richardson is a winner and players respect him, what are we waiting for?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would love for us to hand Richardson the keys over to the whole defense now. Im not saying Marinelli is terrible but im really not a fan of his scheme to be honest.

We know Kris Richardson is a winner and players respect him, what are we waiting for?

Right or wrong, the staff is set for 2018.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Patience.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I’ve got the feeling this is a make it or break it year for garret and co

No excuses will be handed to him with “oh well they got a new defensive scheme and that aided in a down year”

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Kris is a defense coach lol.

We want our team to do well, so it's probably a good idea to keep our currently good defensive coordinator.

Kris has promise, but handing over the entire defense after just being fired is suspect at best. Dont replace a good thing with an unkown.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Kris Richard?

Pants

Reaction score
I see this kinda how kiffin was the OC with rod the back up in waiting, same thing. The switch could happen any time but I think for 2019

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Kris is a defense coach lol.

We want our team to do well, so it's probably a good idea to keep our currently good defensive coordinator.

Kris has promise, but handing over the entire defense after just being fired is suspect at best. Dont replace a good thing with an unkown.
Richards isn't an unknown. That being said I have no problem giving the coaching staff one last chance this season

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see this kinda how kiffin was the OC with rod the back up in waiting, same thing. The switch could happen any time but I think for 2019

It can’t happen anytime - the D-Coordinator job is set for the 2018 season. After that, who knows.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Richard is the passing game coordinator, he already has a lot of power in running the scheme. Seahawks run a similar scheme to Marinelli anyway. The differences were mainly in coverages (and techniques) and Richard is likely going to change that.

cern

Reaction score
I don't know how much influence he had in the overall scheme of things in Seattle. But like you, I am no fan of marinelli. While our defense is sometimes ranked in the top 50 percent, it is notorious for failing to make the critical stop when needed. Particularly on third and long. I blame that on the scheme.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Richard is the passing game coordinator, he already has a lot of power in running the scheme. Seahawks run a similar scheme to Marinelli anyway. The differences were mainly in coverages (and techniques) and Richard is likely going to change that.
This is a very good point that i think most do not understand. I think Seattle adds a few more wrinkles than Dallas does, but overall they are very similar in style. The difference has been the level in talent.

Bigdog

Reaction score

We are waiting for the Process to kick in.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I don't know how much influence he had in the overall scheme of things in Seattle. But like you, I am no fan of marinelli. While our defense is sometimes ranked in the top 50 percent, it is notorious for failing to make the critical stop when needed. Particularly on third and long. I blame that on the scheme.

If its a 3rd and 25 you can count on us giving it up..lol