Kris Richardson should be our defense coach

Maverick84

Reaction score
personally I think Kris Plano or Kris Carrollton are better suited for that job

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I would love for us to hand Richardson the keys over to the whole defense now. Im not saying Marinelli is terrible but im really not a fan of his scheme to be honest.

We know Kris Richardson is a winner and players respect him, what are we waiting for?
He may actually will take over from Rod.......if the team doesnt improve this year he and Linehan are Garrett's 2018 excuses.

kevm3

Reaction score
Marinelli wasn't the problem last year. We had a top 10 defense even when the defense was at a talent deficit and filled with rookies and when the offense found it hard to stay on the field. Richards is pretty much the DC heir apparent imo, since it's been speculated that Marinelli wants to retire.

conner01

Reaction score
This is a very good point that i think most do not understand. I think Seattle adds a few more wrinkles than Dallas does, but overall they are very similar in style. The difference has been the level in talent.
You mean talent matters?
We run the same scheme but we haven’t been able to do some of the things they do with the secondary we had
We may now have a secondary that you can do more things

jnday

Reaction score
Kris is a defense coach lol.

We want our team to do well, so it's probably a good idea to keep our currently good defensive coordinator.

Kris has promise, but handing over the entire defense after just being fired is suspect at best. Dont replace a good thing with an unkown.
Dallas doesn't have a good thing. They have Marinelli.

jnday

Reaction score
Marinelli wasn't the problem last year. We had a top 10 defense even when the defense was at a talent deficit and filled with rookies and when the offense found it hard to stay on the field. Richards is pretty much the DC heir apparent imo, since it's been speculated that Marinelli wants to retire.
Marinelli has been a problem. He is too stubborn which leads to players like Hayden starting. The single fact that he is too stuck in his ways to value a 1tech is enough for me. It is a problem every year, but he refuses to see it.