Kristian Fulton or Grant Delpit?

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
Yeah, probably how I would go as well. I really want us to start selecting these positions we have neglected for as long as the Clapper was here, but also using our high picks on those positions. Feel like this off season we/they may have to be more involved in free agency as well. Both 1-tech and Safety need a big infusion of talent. Well, so does 3-tech for that matter...

I expect this front office to do what they always do and use free agency to fill glaring holes so they can draft pure BPA. They should have have cap space to pursue better free agents rather than waiting for the second wave, we’ll see how they operate with more cap space.

dallas72

Reaction score
He was injured. He can tackle, just look at his tape from last year. This season he battled injuries so that would be the only concern I have with Delpit
The knock on Delpit is his tackling....I dont think hes that good...I prefer McKinney...even the Championship game..Delpit was a Ghost...always out of position...he had that 1 sack 1st drive is all ..the other S out performed him

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The knock on Delpit is his tackling....I dont think hes that good...I prefer McKinney...even the Championship game..Delpit was a Ghost...always out of position...he had that 1 sack 1st drive is all ..the other S out performed him

I think Delpit has some elite ball skill.

McKinney just looks like your everyday safety that you can get in Free Agency.

Delpit... Stick him in center field and let him track the ball.

Does he have tackling issues? Sure, but some experts say he looked better tackling in 2018 and had an injury in 2019.. It's early so I haven't watched much 2018 games of his but to me he has obvious cover skills as a Safety.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He was injured mostly this season including the championship game. He was a very good tackler last season so I'm not worried about that. What makes make me stop and think is his injury history.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think Delpit has some elite ball skill.

McKinney just looks like your everyday safety that you can get in Free Agency.

Delpit... Stick him in center field and let him track the ball.

Does he have tackling issues? Sure, but some experts say he looked better tackling in 2018 and had an injury in 2019.. It's early so I haven't watched much 2018 games of his but to me he has obvious cover skills as a Safety.
Elite based on what? Yall just make stuff up to overrate this dude. the first play in that Georgia game was embarassing. I will be pissed if hes a cowboy. another soft player

Xavier187

Reaction score
We could get McKinney in the early parts of the Second round. Thing is we dont have that pick and we would need to either trade up or trade from bext years draft stock.

As Ive said we could move back with the Jags
Lets say pick 17 our 4th and next years 4th rounder to the Jags for there pick 20 and there early 2nd rounder.
This would also make it very easy for us to get a good player at 20 and to good players in the early stage of the 2nd round.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
All the great LSU DB prospects from the last 10 years...

Eric Reid
Patrick Peterson
Morris Claiborne
Tyrann Mathieu
Jamal Adams
Tre'davious White

And we ended up drafting the one guy who didn't make at least one Pro Bowl out of that bunch. Not only that but trading up for him :(

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
They are definitely in short supply and if that's what we're aiming for and slotting him into that position then I'd prefer someone that has ball skills but is also not a liability in tackling.

This is why I prefer McKinney who has ball skills but can also lay the wood.

McKinney lacks range and struggles in coverage overall.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It's going to come down to preference IMO. I think both are solid prospects, but I also think both are arguably rated in the 20s for this year as of now.

If you want the better CFr, Delpit is the guy.

If you want the better SS type that is adequate in coverage, McKinney is the guy.

I'm starting to prefer McKinney a little more, but anxious to see how they test at the combine. Another thing of note is it's a weak S class so if we don't take either at 17 or trade down and get one we might not get a solid upgrade past the 1st round.