Kudos to Campo

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Kudos to Dave Campo. No one has been more maliciously maligned, especially on this site, than Dave Campo. His 2ndary shut us down the last time we played Jax, and they did pretty well today, too. Anybody that thinks this team has improved in the last 10 years is dreaming. Still no pass rush; Leftwich had all day. 2ndary, especially Henry couldn't cover. Still no OL; Flo sucks, but i'm sure he'll get away w/ the he's injured excuse (but remember he told BP he's "fabulous" or whatever). Poor decisions by the QB. No coaching to get the team fired up after the 1st 10 points.

The only team w/ played in the PS that offered any resistance (Minny) dominated our 1st stringers on both sides of the ball. This should not have been a suprise. I was suprised when we scored the first 10 points. No way this team makes the SB. I doubt we'll even make the POs. This is a poorly coached team, no doubt about it...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
CalCBFan said:
Kudos to Dave Campo. No one has been more maliciously maligned, especially on this site, than Dave Campo. His 2ndary shut us down the last time we played Jax, and they did pretty well today, too. Anybody that thinks this team has improved in the last 10 years is dreaming. Still no pass rush; Leftwich had all day. 2ndary, especially Henry couldn't cover. Still no OL; Flo sucks, but i'm sure he'll get away w/ the he's injured excuse (but remember he told BP he's "fabulous" or whatever). Poor decisions by the QB. No coaching to get the team fired up after the 1st 10 points.

The only team w/ played in the PS that offered any resistance (Minny) dominated our 1st stringers on both sides of the ball. This should not have been a suprise. I was suprised when we scored the first 10 points. No way this team makes the SB. I doubt we'll even make the POs. This is a poorly coached team, no doubt about it...

Wasn't Campo our coach the last time we played Jacksonville?

CalCBFan

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Wasn't Campo our coach the last time we played Jacksonville?

No, BP was. I think it was the first year that BP took over. I remember making a similar post that Dave, w/ all his warts, did a good job w/ his 2ndary.

And I forgot to mention that we still have the problems of "false starts" by the OL...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw Campo jumping up and down celebrating on the sidelines. I guess he's happy these days. We had a chance to clobber that so-called great defense of Jax. Not to take anything away from the Jags, but we gave away a game today.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
CalCBFan said:
No, BP was. I think it was the first year that BP took over. I remember making a similar post that Dave, w/ all his warts, did a good job w/ his 2ndary.

And I forgot to mention that we still have the problems of "false starts" by the OL...

We last played Jcksonville in 2002 when Campo was coach.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CalCBFan said:

I'm pretty sure Campo was the coach the last time we played Jax. It was the game that Hutch actually looked decent and Joey Galloway had a good game. We had a QB carousel that season.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Campo was a good D coach.

He couldn't be the head coach of the Little Sisters of Mercy flag football team though.

jrumann59

Reaction score
When Campo left he went to Cleveland to be with "Not So" Butch Davis

Angus

Reaction score
Dave Campo has always been an excellent defensive coach. He was just out of his element as a head coach in Dallas.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
At some point, Parcells is going to have to start dominating teams. I'm sick of all the talk.