Kudos to OL

btcutter

Reaction score
I see all the kudos to various players but the Kudos goes to the OL for protection and running lane. Yes, they committed some penalties but for the most part they played very well. They take all the blame when we are bad so they should get some credit tonite.

Our WR's needs to get some crazy glue....gezz..how many drops do we have?

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
btcutter said:
I see all the kudos to various players but the Kudos goes to the OL for protection and running lane. Yes, they committed some penalties but for the most part they played very well. They take all the blame when we are bad so they should get some credit tonite.

Our WR's needs to get some crazy glue....gezz..how many drops do we have?
Amen to that. The DL did well tonight as well.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Yea OL was just awesome both run blocking and pass protection. hopefully they will continue to improve as a group

DBoys

Reaction score
They just need to cut down on the stupid penalties. Flo and Gurode played great.

Reaction score
It was definitely an improvement,,, though I did spot a lot of "max protect" which will negate the advantage they have with the Witten/TO/Glenn receiving corps.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was pleasantly surprised at the time Bledsoe had. I kept thinking "does the Washington D suck or are we improving on the O line?" It was also nice to see Julius, Marion and Tyson bouncing it to the outside for big gains, even if some of it was called back due to penalties.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Ehh maybe, it was above average but I think BP put in some roll outs and stuff to move bledsoe around, Commanders are not a real good pass rushing team when they are trailing, they like to blitz when they are ahead. Run blocking was decent I did see a lot runs being made by the RB ability. I give the line a low B-

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
btcutter said:
how many drops do we have?
I think nine of Blesdoe's passes hit hands and then carpet.
The 1st quarter endzone drop by Owens was punched out of his hand, so not a true drop. The worst drop I saw was by Polite.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
To me, our OL is better, but I think we are throwing the ball much more on short routes. We stiil can't run up the middle.

jrumann59

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I gotta disagree......sending 4-5 guys avg all night won't get ya anything .....
The cowboys sent 4-5 guys most of the night and got a few sacks....like 6. The good Defenses can pressure without the need of blitzing constantly.

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
Run blocking was decent I did see a lot runs being made by the RB ability
Right. Jones and Barber made good yards from unspectacular run blocking.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
and the running game?

31 carries for 138 is good I'll admit that however I think those numbers were higher than usual do to the whole nickel package thing all night to make up for Springs......

just sayin' cuz.......it's either get hit for a 4 and 5 yards a pop or get a 40 yard pass over the top because we decided to stack the box.......

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
The cowboys sent 4-5 guys most of the night and got a few sacks....like 6. The good Defenses can pressure without the need of blitzing constantly.

Not having to blitz makes no difference at the end of the season if your team wins.......

You just lost ( 1 ) football point.....

You may earn back that point by saying, "Teams with great lineman can get pressure most of the time without having to send extra players.":)

ratpower

Reaction score
EGG said:
It was definitely an improvement,,, though I did spot a lot of "max protect" which will negate the advantage they have with the Witten/TO/Glenn receiving corps.

Agreed, when 8 guys are blocking, it helps...but overall this was improvement...let's see if it can hold up, when it starts to happen a few weeks in a row, then I will become a believer.

Flo was solid tonight, Gurode did well and Kosier is a hard worker out there...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I gotta disagree......sending 4-5 guys avg all night won't get ya anything .....

Cris Collinsworth surprised me, and actually made a pretty sharp observation regarding that-- he pointed out that the Skins weren't blitzing because their corners couldn't handle the man responsibility...

Which is, of course, pretty much the same story as last week...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
31 carries for 138 is good I'll admit that however I think those numbers were higher than usual do to the whole nickel package thing all night to make up for Springs......

just sayin' cuz.......it's either get hit for a 4 and 5 yards a pop or get a 40 yard pass over the top because we decided to stack the box.......

Last night, we saw a little of both...