Kudos to OSU & UT for scheduling the game

jimmy40

Reaction score
If we had a playoff system we would get these kinds of games scheduled every year. Luckily OSU is ranked high enough their still in the title hunt because they deserve to be.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yes, That took some intestinal fortetude to schedule that game. Congrats to both schools for giving us such a great game in September

jimmy40

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Yes, That took some intestinal fortetude to schedule that game. Congrats to both schools for giving us such a great game in September
How about Limas Sweed? I said before the game he was a disappointment for me but he came through with a great catch. He still wouldn't block my 7 year old daughter but he made a great catch.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
How about Limas Sweed? I said before the game he was a disappointment for me but he came through with a great catch. He still wouldn't block my 7 year old daughter but he made a great catch.

:D on the blocking.......you'tr right he made the catch when we needed it most......Great body control and hands.

That was a sweet win Jimmy. :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
That was a great throw and catch.

I can only imagine how godly Young would be if he had half decent throwing mechanics. He's got plenty of arm strength, but his mechanics don't let him get the most out of it. If an NFL team is patient with him, he'll be great.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Rack said:
That was a great throw and catch.

I can only imagine how godly Young would be if he had half decent throwing mechanics. He's got plenty of arm strength, but his mechanics don't let him get the most out of it. If an NFL team is patient with him, he'll be great.

Young does have talent......It would take some patience getting him ready for the NFL. I don't know if I would change his throwing motion or not....the kid is 6'6".

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'm not real concerned about his throwing "motion", it's his mechanics that need the most work. He throws flat footed or off his back foot way too often. He doesn't step into his throws often enough either.

But that's also a good thing. If his arm is that strong with those sorry mechanics, Imagine how hard he'd be throwing if they got corrected?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Rack said:
I'm not real concerned about his throwing "motion", it's his mechanics that need the most work. He throws flat footed or off his back foot way too often. He doesn't step into his throws often enough either.

But that's also a good thing. If his arm is that strong with those sorry mechanics, Imagine how hard he'd be throwing if they got corrected?

I see your point.... ;)

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rack said:

I can think of another tall QB that tends to throw off his back leg and certainly throws a little sidearmed at times.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I can think of another tall QB that tends to throw off his back leg and certainly throws a little sidearmed at times.

:rolleyes:

Ok whatever. Nothing wrong with Young's mechanics. He's the greatest QB in history. No need to try and improve perfection, right?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rack said:
:rolleyes:

Ok whatever. Nothing wrong with Young's mechanics. He's the greatest QB in history. No need to try and improve perfection, right?
When have I said anything remotely close to that?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You missed my point. Every time I pointed out anything negative about Young you countered with something minute. So I exhaggerated (obviously).

Young won't be a successful NFL QB unless he improves his mechanics dramatically. Don't agree with me? Whatever, I don't care enough to argue about it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rack said:
You missed my point. Every time I pointed out anything negative about Young you countered with something minute. So I exhaggerated (obviously).

Young won't be a successful NFL QB unless he improves his mechanics dramatically. Don't agree with me? Whatever, I don't care enough to argue about it.
Refresh my memory on all these times you pointed out something. Drew Bledsoe will throw off his back foot and sidearmed at least 4 times tomorrow but all we'll hear about is how great he is.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Refresh my memory on all these times you pointed out something. Drew Bledsoe will throw off his back foot and sidearmed at least 4 times tomorrow but all we'll hear about is how great he is.

We will?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Been hearing it all summer. Where have you been?

I haven't been drinking that koolaid. I think Bledsoe can still be a solid QB. But "Great"? I highly doubt that.