Kyle Dugger Safety

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I liked him a lot.

So what?

You have acted as if this some kind of gotchya moment against me but was last year your first time following the draft or something?

Professional scouts who do this for a living and get to interview players and get way more access then we do miss on players all the time.

Our own team liked Taco Charlton and liked him more then TJ Watt...

Guess what? I’ll be wrong about another player again in the future.

I’ve been ridiculously right about a lot of players too.

But you are really hung up on me liking Jordan Humphrey.

Is this my first time following the draft, lol?

You had him as a 1st rounder, loool.

Is this your first time following the draft?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is this my first time following the draft, lol?

You had him as a 1st rounder, loool.

Is this your first time following the draft?

I asked because you act shocked that I misevaluated a player when the guys who do this for a living do it all the time.

The NFL deemed he was nothing more then a big slot WR and that had no value..

I missed.. I’ll do it again too. Just like the professionals.

dallas72

Reaction score
there are some good S's in this class...he's one of them for me...don't know if he goes rd1 tho.
some others I like not named Delpit.
☆Antoine Winfield,Minnesota
☆Brandon Jones,Texas
☆K'von Wallace,Clemson
☆Patrick Nelson,Smu
☆Jordan Fuller,Ohio St
☆Khaleke Hudson,Michigan
Best safety would be Simmons...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
McKinney is going to be a ten year starter in this league.
The hate he is getting is astonishing ...

I just think that position is not good value with your first round pick.

Jamal Adams is the best SS in football and he doesn’t have much of an impact on the outcome of games.

I think you draft a position in the first round that is premium. SS is the fullback of the secondary.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I just think that position is not good value with your first round pick.

Jamal Adams is the best SS in football and he doesn’t have much of an impact on the outcome of games.

I think you draft a position in the first round that is premium. SS is the fullback of the secondary.
I LOVE Ashtyn Davis of Cal.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Being a starter doesn't mean a player is worthy of a first-round pick.
There are normally around 15 players with first round grades. We will probably get one we graded as a 2nd, nothing we can do about it.....unless we trade up.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m calling it right now.. He’s going to be all the hype after the combine and possibly find himself in the first round.

I like Delpit but after Delpit if we are set on taking a safety I want to go high upside and stay away from a safe do nothing Safety like McKinney.

I want no part of McKinney in the first round.

Dugger dominated at the division 2 level. He was great all week at the senior bowl and I think he goes to the combine and comes out as one of the most discussed players headed into this draft.

I like this kid. I'd really like him in the second round.

Jake0

Reaction score

I think he looks like a really solid 4th round pick if he gets there. 6'3 221 lbs but still very fast and fluid. Could be an exceptional SS if he gets coached up. Looks like all of his issues are coachable. Him, Woods, Wilson could be a solid safety group in a couple years. Safeties get hurt too often and don't generally have long careers to spend premium picks on so I'm fine with the Cowboys FO approach to the position personally. Try to find sleepers in the 3rd/4th rounds.

Good call on him pre-combine, he tested off the charts.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I don’t think there is a safety worth taking in round 1. But I really like Winfield. There are some durability concerns, but he’s a really good player.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I didn’t know he was 24 haha.. Yeah that’s not good.
Age wouldn't worry me. I actually like it if a guy is maybe a bit more mature and ready to be a pro. If we get good play for the duration of the initial contract, wouldn't worry about what happens next.