Kyler Murray is the greatest player in the history of Texas High School Football

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
and he will play his superbowl tonight no different than every other texas high school or college play er that returns to play the cowboys

Tussinman

Reaction score
Benson is BY FAR the best HS player I’ve ever seen. Than UT screwed him up like they have a lot of HS greats...............
I'm really confused ? UT started him for four seasons where he had no injuries and was a consensus all American which resulted in him being a top five pick in the draft ?

When I think of UT screwups I think of someone like Johnathan Gray which was a mixture of injuries and coaching change

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The fact Kyler can claim to being the greatest Texas HS football player is insane in and of itself.
This state is easily the best for HS football when factoring in numbers, talent and finances.
He's arguably the greatest modern HS player of all-time.
He's basically a LeBron of Football.

Kyler was good enough he got a 60 million dollar stadium approved for 1 high school football team. ................

His winning streak at the highest level versus the best teams you can find is extraordinary.

• He's the only two-time MaxPreps National Player of the Year, leading Allen (Texas), one of the largest schools in the Lone Star state, to back-to-back MaxPreps National Titles in 2013 and 2014.

• As a starter, he was 43-0 and the Eagles won three straight state titles, the last at the highest 6A-1 level.

• Also a baseball star, he was named the MaxPreps 2014-15 overall National Athlete of the Year and was selected the 2014 National Gatorade Football Player of the Year.

• In three seasons, he accounted for 14,525 yards (10,386 passing, 4,139 rushing), 186 touchdowns (117 passing, 69 rushing), while completing 63 percent of his passes. He threw 22 interceptions.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm really confused ? UT started him for four seasons where he had no injuries and was a consensus all American which resulted in him being a top five pick in the draft ?

When I think of UT screwups I think of someone like Johnathan Gray which was a mixture of injuries and coaching change

The guy was unstoppable for Lee. 3,500 yards in one year?!? He never got close to that at UT. You’re right about Gray too. UT is where great players go to die.

On another note I didn’t realize he passed away last year.....sad.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I would've done anything to go to one of these high schools in Texas that were winning state titles in grand fashion.

When I was in high school, we won 3 games in two seasons, and two of those were forfeited. I don't know what school spirit is.

My HS (I didn't play) won state the second year Cedric Benson's team won. I remember us all being THRILLED we were 5A Div II as opposed to 5A Div I because the entire STATE knew we would lose against Lee HS.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Adrian Peterson ? He finished his high school career with 5,011 rushing yards and 54 touchdowns in only two seasons...........
Cedrick Benson - finished high school with the most rushing yards ever in the largest Texas high school classification (5A at the time), won 3 consecutive state championships, and had 3, 500 yards and 51 TD's in 1 season. That would have to be in the conversation.

Cebrin

Reaction score
But was he the greatest high school player ever? I think not.

giphy.gif

You're forgetting someone.
200.gif

Tussinman

Reaction score
The guy was unstoppable for Lee. 3,500 yards in one year?!? He never got close to that at UT
It's called load management which isn't a thing in highschool. UT had Ivan Williams and Selvin Young (both top 5 recruits for RB) so they helped take some of the load off of Cedric in hopes of keeping him upright all 4 years. They where never going to give Cedric 400 carries a year just to pad his stats