L.J. Collier, local Cowboys' prospect could become national treasure

reddyuta

Reaction score

morasp

Reaction score
he seems a ideal 3T

I think so too, at 6'2" he wouldn't be too tall for the interior. NFL.com has him ranked 51 overall ahead of Zach Allen so at 58 he would be good value. I like their description of him as rough and rugged, sounds like a Marinelli player to me.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He’s a DE in college and is a tweener as a prospect.

I don’t like the projection and would steer clear.

Verdammung

Reaction score
He’s a DE in college and is a tweener as a prospect.

I don’t like the projection and would steer clear.

Correction, he's a 3-4 OLB in college.

I've really struggled with his projection as well, but the talk of moving him to DT makes sense to me. To me, most of his weaknesses are end specific and most of his strengths translate well to the DT position.

While I'm on the subect of Collier, my main issues with his tape was how slow he was off the snap and how ineffective it made him around the edge. I chalked it primarily up to scheme, but what do yall think?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No doubt I was referring to the hate this kid will get when they have him playing everywhere and only does OK.
Part of it is that they oversell themselves on a guy when he is picked and turn when he doesnt become an all pro. It will be heightened by the fact that he is our top pick. Ty Crawford type production is about what you can expect from a day 2 pick after about pick 45 or so

Beaker42

Reaction score
Correction, he's a 3-4 OLB in college.

I've really struggled with his projection as well, but the talk of moving him to DT makes sense to me. To me, most of his weaknesses are end specific and most of his strengths translate well to the DT position.

While I'm on the subect of Collier, my main issues with his tape was how slow he was off the snap and how ineffective it made him around the edge. I chalked it primarily up to scheme, but what do yall think?

Not impressed. Guys I like a lot more @ both DE and DT.

Beaker42

Reaction score
That'll actually be there at 58?
I'm all for adding to the d-line even if the player will take a bit to develop.
I know what you’re saying but I just don’t see it with this kid. To me he has Day 3 written all over him. Maybe I’m wrong but my gut says I’m right. Plenty of other cats at 58 who are better and could help sooner. To me, a 2nd rounder almost has to be a starter these days unless he’s going to an already stacked team.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Is there some kind of word play i'm missing here?

Because that is one of the dumbest titles i've ever seen.