L.S.U. junior running back Stevan Ridley is considering turning pro early.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20101219/OPINION01/101219499?p=4&tc=pg

Livas, who rushed for 1,936 yards and 25 touchdowns as a prep senior, recently graduated from Louisiana Tech after earning first team All-Western Athletic Conference honors for his return skills in 2010.

The 5-foot-8, 175-pound wide receiver/punt/kickoff return man averaged 15.5 yards per punt return in 2010 and averaged 24.6 yards per return on kickoffs as a senior.

In 2010, Livas ran back two kicks (one punt and one kickoff) for scores and tied an NCAA record by returning a total of eight punt and kickoff returns for scores throughout his college career.

On Friday night he told me that he has been invited to play in the Jan. 23, 2011 Inaugural Eastham Energy College All-Star game in Tempe, Arizona.

“I received an invitation from the Eastham Energy All-Star Game that is being played in Sun Devil Stadium late in January, and I have been told that I might receive another invite, possibly to the East-West Shrine game,” Livas said. “It's a great honor, and it's my dream to play pro football. I know playing in these all-star games will help out. Wherever they want me to contribute, if it is at running back, wide receiver, slot man, punt and kickoff duties, I'm ready.”

The speedy all-purpose athlete caught 106 passes for 1,523 yards and seven touchdowns at Louisiana Tech.

Livas, who grades out as a late round pick/priority free-agent signee for the 2011 NFL draft, also said that he will select an agent within the next few weeks.

WHAT WILL RIDLEY DO?

It's almost a given that LSU junior cornerback Patrick Peterson, a projected Top 5 pick in the 2011 NFL draft, will give up his senior season, but now there are concerns that junior Tigers halfback Stevan Ridley is also considering turning pro early.

The 5-foot-11, 225-pound running back is giving consideration to turning pro a year early, and he fully understands that there are no senior running backs with a first-round grade for the 2011 NFL draft.

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
What else do lsu top picks do? Come out early! They aren't there for the education! Most top lsu picks come out as soon as they can! They aren't in school to cure cancer that's for sure!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Maybe Ridley's trouble with the NCAA is bigger than is being let on.