Video: La’el Collins: “I’m a natural on the left side”

stinkface

Reaction score
I think he could easily be an All Pro Left Guard. He can be a good RT. Depends on what is best for the team. For those who don't remember his rookie year at LG, he could be absolutely dominant at times.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He is far better at Tackle then he was at Guard.

That is clearly what the facts show. I'm always confused by the legend of his limited time at G where he only played because of his draft status & Leary's injury.

That being said, he now a seasoned vet and he might do just fine there now. I'm just not a huge fan of moving him when he has slimmed down to play T. When his in good shape he plays RT at an All Pro level.

I'm all for humbling him & making him work for his place at the table though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think he could easily be an All Pro Left Guard. He can be a good RT. Depends on what is best for the team. For those who don't remember his rookie year at LG, he could be absolutely dominant at times.

I thought we was just ok at Guard and a much better Tackle.

The year he got injured and Ron Leary got back in the lineup we were a better Oline.

But.. He’s probably better than Connor Williams.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Exactly
He wanted to play tackle because it pats better
They promised him a shot and he played well enough to get tackle money so it doesn’t matter to him where he plays now
Just tell him who ever lines up in front of him is roger goodell nephew
:lmao:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Collins confirmed what we kinda knew, hes better suited at LG all along.Sounds like thats where he prefers. I would start him this week at LG. Instant upgrade.

Zman5

Reaction score
During the draft, many draftniks said he was more of a natural guard.

Daillest88

Reaction score
He started off at LG as we all know but his time at RT his technique and reaction time improved in 2019. If he starts at LG he will be much better than was before at LG. That strength could take this offense line tk the next level

quickccc

Reaction score
1) Lael is a natural lefty southpaw - so of course left side is gonna be more natural, ...in fact if Tyron suddenly retired per neck injury, i could see Collins permanently
moving over to LT , which his what position he played last at LSU.

2) It also does not speak high endorsement of Connor McGovern, who is a natural OG. ..while Collins is a natural OT, being forced to play OG.
Much has also been discussed that McGovern struggles more at LG than he does at RG ..So that comprises the plug and play role.

3) Sorry i believe in my better OTs going up against the more elite DEs. (ala Vikes Danielle Hunter)
Collins is a better OT than Steele, hands down, and we don't have to scheme, double chip, etc to help out Lael like we do with Steele.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
“I’m a natural on the left side, I had to learn how to play on the right.”

Overall, sounds like he’s taking the potential move well.

I wouldn't get too giddy. Team saw an opportunity to send a message. Easy to do when you know Dak won't be playing.

Creeper

Reaction score
It is hard to tell what La'el's attitude is. Of course he is saying the right things. He is in no position to complain or anything. But the way I would explain it to him is not that Steele is a better tackle, but that La'el is a better guard than Williams and that that spot is a weakness that needs to be shored up. Collins's CAP hit is over $15 million next year. I wonder if moving him to guard and benching Connor Williams is a sign Dallas is committed to La'el for the future even after his latest suspension.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Sounds like La’el knows not to rock the boat with the type of team they have this year.