La’el Collins suspended

plymkr

Reaction score
Blame Jerry for this. He made the culture what it is. If he had the balls and will to really crack down and have a football team rather than country club, we wouldn't have this constantly happen.
Well said. This has been going on for 25 years now. I'm glad Collins will lose 2 million this year and possibly 6 million next year. If these guys aren't motivated to win maybe they'll be motivated to keep their money.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I am sorry, but did you not follow the team last season.
Lol unfortunately, I did. I also remember before Martin went to tackle, David Helman asked if he was capable of making the switch and MM said no, “you don’t take an all pro out of their position” yadda yadda…then they did. They like to keep us guessing

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
hum, I wonder if the coaches know when a player has a scheduled drug test? do they check to see if the player made the meeting? does the testing office contact the Cowboys and find out why a player is missing the tests? if not, it should be something that is done. You can't rely on these boneheads to do what is required.

HungryLion

Reaction score
hum, I wonder if the coaches know when a player has a scheduled drug test? do they check to see if the player made the meeting? does the testing office contact the Cowboys and find out why a player is missing the tests? if not, it should be something that is done. You can't rely on these boneheads to do what is required.

I would think they do.

then again how sad is it that grown men who are millionaires would need that kind of babysitting to make it to a drug test.

I’ve had jobs with random drug testing before. It ain’t hard to take the test when asked………. If you know you’ll piss clean that is. Lol

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I would think they do.

then again how sad is it that grown men who are millionaires would need that kind of babysitting to make it to a drug test.

I’ve had jobs with random drug testing before. It ain’t hard to take the test when asked………. If you know you’ll piss clean that is. Lol
Then he has no excuses, and the Cowboys don't either. Show up or set for some game

plymkr

Reaction score
Good question. I'd like to know that as well. I also want to know more about the contract situation and suspensions. A earlier post stated he voided 6.4 million in injury guarantees for next year and lost 2 million for this year. Personally I would like to see him get cut and if this suspension would give us a break on the salary cap.

He's played 1 game in 17 games since last year. He came to 2020 camp out of shape and had some injury that at one point was reportedly ending his career. Starts out the season in 2021 with getting suspended 5 games for drug use. I could live without him and I hope he never plays a down in the NFL again. If he wants to flush his career down the toilet then be my guest, but don't screw over the whole team by acting irresponsibly.

I'm so sick of Jerry relying on unreliable people. This is why we have sucked for 25 years.

Jipper

Reaction score
After what the cowboys have done for him this is spitting in their faces....I say cut him and screw him.

These types of things are a big part of why I'm just not enjoying football like I used to...when the fans care more about the team than the players do its a problem

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This was out of left field

What triggers a 5 game ban? PEDs?

not PED's....substances....heard he was losing weight a bit too fast it seemed?.....speed?....regadless Collins has messed up two season in a row....and they wont put there best 5 out there...which would mean

putting Martin RT and McGovern at RG who did not bad against the best in Vita Vea 247 pounds and twitchy for his size....that would get us through 5 weeks fine...but Mccarthey will put the turnstyle..Ty Nestek

who regularly gets blown away...i was so happy of the good showing now back to having to endure McCarthey...who cost us games last year and will again this year

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IMO that's what they should do.

McGovern at G > Ty/Knight/Steele at RT

John exactly for Martin RT and McGovern RG...would give us our best 5..but McCarthey calls that fantasy football....the man makes me long for Garrett again...so bummed now

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why cant we have nice things

mr Chicken----Collins is immature...last year fat so they put him injured reserve for hip.....this year lost too much weight too fast/....its not Ped's....but substances they said....maybe pick me ups

but after watching how well Martin played RT last year.....why they so set againt doing again this year?....Ty Nestke is an old man who is slow and weak....Guranteed he gets regularly blown past

why cant we have on year of good health and winning?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I defended LC thru the early years and was really proud of him in 2019. But this is TWO HUGE failures on his part. Missing all of last year and now not showing up for drug testing. Way to flush his credibility down the drain. That is really letting your teammates down.