News: LaCanfora: Tony Romo or Dak Prescott? Here's what NFL execs say Jerry Jones should do

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I don't read them. I just peruse the thread for you all's reaction:muttley:
You should find my reaction very enjoyable every time. The Bernstein and Woodward approach for any kind of non-secretive story (much less tame sports stories) really grinds my gears. :confused::p

Gameover

Reaction score
At some point the Dallas Cowboys were going to lose a football game. The offense would invariably slow down and Dak Prescott would inevitably look like a rookie quarterback. They weren't going to run the table, and Prescott wasn't going to look like an MVP candidate every week.
I realize that, not sure anybody else in America does.

He went with the tired take of less than 200 yards in his last 3 games. Media and fans are the dumbest creatures alive! Put up 31 points, rushed for 35+ yards, lost TOP by more than 7 minutes. They had a stunning offensive display on thanksgiving earlier in the column, he hasn't reached 200 yards later.

Romo only had 199 yards passing at GB in that playoff game, anybody thinking the offense stalled because of that?

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
O.k. now you've all got me wanting to read it in its entirety.

I'll add from a highly reliable source by the name of JIM ROME
said just today to leave the ROMO on the bench ,we're 11-2 with DAK, stay with it,it works.

Although if (and I think it will) the offense falls flat in the production numbers for 3 in a row, it is 1 of 2 things 1) Dak is ill prepared for what is coming at this stage of the N.F.L. SEASON with the playoffs looming in the not to distant future.

2) the same lame 4-6 offensive plays are repeatedly called setting him/ the team up for yet another failure in terms of production numbers ( watch Dak have Zeke be his lead blocker a.k.a. MOOSE as he rips off huge yardage with his quarterback legs) as it could certainly point to industrial sabotage/ purposely setting Dak up to struggle, why would any franchise do that I haven't a clue but it's 1 of those 2 things, of this I'm certain.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Two said they would have to consider Romo. Two said that it's too late to go down that road now. One seemed internally divided as to what he would do in this position.

So.. pretty much split down the middle like the fan base. Good points can be made on both sides of the issue. Sunday will have a lot to do with the outcome here.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Oh,yes! That's well worth the read,thanks for the link

erod

Reaction score
LaConfora is one of the least respected and most ethically bankrupt reporters in the business.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Good article and solid bottom line. A couple of off games by Dak is one thing but a consistently downward trend in his play heading into the playoffs is another matter. The Tampa Bay game is huge....

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Ya'll can debate it all you want, but it doesn't matter which QB we go with unless we win the Superbowl, it will be a second guessing ****show.

It will absolutely divide Cowboy fans. There will be no right or wrong answers just countless pages of hindsight debate of the worst kind.

Maverick84

Reaction score
I hope he comes out and bosses the game... after which, I hope people enjoy it, but we all know half of yall will instead come out with "TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! ROMO LOVERS! WHERE ARE YOU NOW HAHAH WAAAA WAAA WAAA"

:rolleyes:

Maverick84

Reaction score
Ya'll can debate it all you want, but it doesn't matter which QB we go with unless we win the Superbowl, it will be a second guessing ****show.

It will absolutely divide Cowboy fans. There will be no right or wrong answers just countless pages of hindsight debate of the worst kind.
sickening.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

You're right. A SB win is the only way everyone will be happy. Probably still be some told you so's but after a SB win nobody will care. lol

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I trust Dak. I still believe he gives us the best chance to win this year.