Lack of moves on the DL disturbing

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Patience. There are a ton of fa defensive lineman out there, they will get active after the 1st wave of fa.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Stay calm. Taco, Trystian and Dorance are all chomping at the bit for a bigger role.

visionary

Reaction score
You are impatient. You had to know we wasn't getting involved with FA in the early days. That's Stephen Jones's way.

and that’s got us 8-8

as fans we were hoping for a change in the “way”

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
and that’s got us 8-8

as fans we were hoping for a change in the “way”
I'm not disagreeing with that but we know who is pulling the strings around here... the Jones boys. Find a way to fire them and I'll be right there with you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Patience. There are a ton of fa defensive lineman out there, they will get active after the 1st wave of fa.

That's what I have to think as well. After the initial rush, they'll start to make some mid-level signings. Given the numbers they clearly need on the defense line, they have to go the quantity over quality route.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That's what I have to think as well. After the initial rush, they'll start to make some mid-level signings. Given the numbers they clearly need on the defense line, they have to go the quantity over quality route.
You would think they sign multiple players along the line that fits their defense that they want to run. Our new coaches have ties from several good teams: 49ers, Packers, Vikings.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You would think they sign multiple players along the line that fits their defense that they want to run. Our new coaches have ties from several good teams: 49ers, Packers, Vikings.

That's what I'm thinking. And the Vikings in particular have cut several defensive players that align perfectly with our losses and needs. I would think that George Edwards is giving them a thorough review.

EJK24

Reaction score
It would have been nice to pick up someone like Reader but I knew he was going to be pretty expensive.

Going to have to get have a really good draft to get the defense some much needed help.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. And the Vikings in particular have cut several defensive players that align perfectly with our losses and needs. I would think that George Edwards is giving them a thorough review.
Griffen may even be an upgrade over Quinn if they decided to go in that direction.

RS12

Reaction score
Possibly. A lot depends on his state of mental health.
All I can think of is Alonzo Spellman and Underwood. That didn't work too well. Keyshawn Johnson said Spellman was so crazy he was the only guy he was every afraid of.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Quinn was wildly overpaid and Collins wasn't coming back regardless.

With an entirely new coaching staff there was going to be a lot of turnover anyway, look for players to be signed that have some previous experience with McCarthy, Nolan, Edwards, etc.
Exactly !! We haven’t accomplished anywhere near where we should have. Overhaul the defense. Bring in guys mike would want. Snacks ? Mike Daniels ? Maybe a safety or corner

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Free agency just started yesterday lol. Quinn and Collins were both terrible against the run, the DLine will be fine.
Quinn got a 70M contract and he is almost 30. A real life NFL GM must think he is a great player...