LaDainian Tomlinson: Deuce Vaughn will be a matchup nightmare

Proof

Reaction score
Ah you guys are already preparing your OC complaints like you did the last one who vastly overachieved with the talent given him.
who do you think will have a higher scoring offense this season between the two?

Proof

Reaction score
My gosh, the hype on this one.....

It's funny how many times, in so many threads, folks are already trying to blame any potential future failure on the coaches. "If the OC uses him correctly" LOL

It couldn't possibly be that all the other teams that passed on him were correct, or that he almost went undrafted for a reason.
that's not blaming potential failure, it's stating the obvious. he likely won't have a straightforward consistent role, so his success will likely be dictated by his usage.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
that's not blaming potential failure, it's stating the obvious. he likely won't have a straightforward consistent role, so his success will likely be dictated by his usage.
His success will be dictated by usage? Not dictated by other factors?

I hope the kid kicks ***, but if he doesn't- it might be because of incorrect usage, or it might be because of the limitations that caused such a productive player to fall so far in the draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Deuce is just hard to locate and has special vision/feet. When he makes a decision, he hits it full speed but can stop on a dime and then cut at full speed in an instant.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
like some other guys, he needs to inpress us and coaches in PS games.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The only thing he's going to do in the passing game is be motioned out and hopefully get 1-1 on a LB or slower safety. In those instances yes, he'll win. But people talk like he's going to just get slot WR targets and opportunities and have any success - there's really no precedent for that.

When the Saints played the Cowboys in 2018, Dallas literally just had Jourdan Lewis mirror Alvin Kamara, and Kamara didn't do anything. Does anybody really think Vaughn has a profile to be a more prolific receiver than Kamara?

Proof

Reaction score
His success will be dictated by usage? Not dictated by other factors?

I hope the kid kicks ***, but if he doesn't- it might be because of incorrect usage, or it might be because of the limitations that caused such a productive player to fall so far in the draft.
we’re saying the same thing from different angles. if he fails it will likely be to his limitations, but if he succeeds it will likely be because he’s used properly

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Haven’t seen this much hype about a player since Darius Jackson at RB and The greatest TE never to really play, can’t even remember his name he was so great. Oh, Rico Gathers…yeah so much hype.

At least with Deuce I will wait and see with some tempered enthusiasm. But won’t expect any miracles yet. However I will be pulling for him to be a Darren Sproles type player.
Safety Matt Johnson was a BEAST!

raggedy

Reaction score
That’s the real question. And he’s not the only guy. There’s no reason not to have Turpin involved in the offense. He’s very experienced as a receiver and they both add super quickness to the offense

What about having a QB who can deliver a ball on time, accurately on the hands and in stride? I'm asking for too much, I know.

conner01

Reaction score
What about having a QB who can deliver a ball on time, accurately on the hands and in stride? I'm asking for too much, I know.
Luckily we have a guy with a 66.6% comp pct over his career

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deuce is just hard to locate and has special vision/feet. When he makes a decision, he hits it full speed but can stop on a dime and then cut at full speed in an instant.
He means Deuce can literally stop while standing on a dime.

GINeric

Reaction score
Say what you want but the last OC was a scapegoat for Dak

We all know the OC wasn’t the issue. But let’s pretend and protect the QB

He was the scapegoat?? Who designed the boring and predictable *** plays??? Who was the idiot that called unnecessary trick plays at the wrong times??

Who was calling pass plays for short yardage in games we're averaging 5 and 6 yards a rush??? That would be Kellen Moore. He wasn't the only problem with our offense, but he was a HUGE part of the problem.

Anytime different defenses say they know what we're running according to play design or lack thereof??

That would be on the offensive coordinator. With that said, if Kellen Moore was so good, why weren't GMs all over the league blowing his phone up for his services???

I'll wait....