Ladies and Gentlemen: Barry Church

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
No complaints from me Church is a heck of a Strong Safety, he's big and physical. However we need a FS on the other side of him with some range and ball hawking skills.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
Without a doubt, Church was in session last night.... Barry was all about giving the Giants pain. Hopefully, he will able to play the full year.

Considering all the handwringing we've had to endure about Barry Church - particularly his 40 time and that of course he'd be EVEN SLOWER after his achilles injury... tell me you weren't entertained by his play on Sunday night?

The guy was all over the place laying the wood, cleaning up the mess, creating turnovers and returning them as well. In short, he was a bit of a pain in the collective buttocks of the Giants.

Hopefully those that were overly concerned about Church's roll in this defense can relax a little bit. Even if he doesn't get a single pick this year, he can still be a huge asset and frankly, it's about time we had a safety that can tackle someone.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
8 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble return for a touchdown. I hope it is a trend, and I think it is. It was he who stripped the Bengal receiver in the preseason game. I think he knows when and how to go for the ball. Allen on the other hand, almost dropped an interception that hit him in the gut, looked lost, and didn't do much else. Of course, that is all just my fan's view of it.