Ladies and Germs

Randy White

Reaction score
just finished watching the first half hour of the Senior Bowl practice. As of 12:00 pm ET, my personal favorite for the Cowboys to pick, realistically speaking, in this draft was Patrick Robinson.

Then I saw Mike Iupati

WOW... !

There's no doubt in my mind: WE MUST GET THIS GUY..

Now, there's some good news and bad news. The bad news is that if he continues to practice the way he's been practicing, he might go top 15, top 20. He's THAT good. The good news is that they just put him at LT and he got destroyed, which means he's not really a Tackle material. He's not good in space and that might make him drop in the draft to the Cowboys.

Also, another player that caught my eye was Kyle Wilson, from Boise ST. He's a tough little nut, who extremely physical at the LOS and doesn't backdown to anybody. Would be a terrific pick up in the 4th or 5th round, ala former BSU player Scanbrick.

Cincinnati's Mardy Gilyard, WR, also showed some good talent. Very quick player, who's a real threat in the open field. Grab him in the 6th, or 7th round and he could be a REAL gem as a slot player.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Randy White;3256340 said:
just finished watching the first half hour of the Senior Bowl practice. As of 12:00 pm ET, my personal favorite for the Cowboys to pick, realistically speaking, in this draft was Patrick Robinson.

Then I saw Mike Iupati

WOW... !

Now, there's some good news and bad news. The bad news is that if he continues to practice the way he's been practicing, he might go top 15, top 20. He's THAT good. The good news is that they just put him at LT and he got destroyed, which means he's not really a Tackle material. He's not good in space and that might make him drop in the draft to the Cowboys.

Also, another player that caught my eye was Kyle Wilson, from Boise ST. He's a tough little nut, who extremely physical at the LOS and doesn't backdown to anybody. Would be a terrific pick up in the 4th or 5th round, ala former BSU player Scanbrick.

Cincinnati's Mardy Gilyard, WR, also showed some good talent. Very quick player, who's a real threat in the open field. Grab him in the 6th, or 7th round and he could be a REAL gem as a slot player.

Errr.... Wilson might go 2. Same for Gilyard

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Gilyard in the 6th or 7th? With his ST ability I can't see him lasting past the 2nd round.

Randy White

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3256347 said:
Errr.... Wilson might go 2. Same for Gilyard

Wilson ? Maybe late 2nd, but even that, I doubt it.

Gilyard ? No way.. He's not top 4 round material. Anywhere from 5th to 7th round.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Both have return ability, that helps their stock.

I have Gilyard as a 4th round grade imo right now. But hes ranked way higher

Randy White

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3256363 said:
Both have return ability, that helps their stock.

I agree, but looking at their scouting reports, neither of them really have great upside, which is what teams look for when they draft smallish type players in the early rounds.

I have Gilyard as a 4th round grade imo right now. But hes ranked way higher

I think 4th round is a bit high ( unless it's towards the end of it and the team picking him has multiple 4th rounders ).

If he's going to make a living in the NFL it will probably be mainly as a return man and a slot receiver. Unless he's another Hester, which his scouting report doesn't really reflect, unfortunately for him, his type are common in the league. Now, he's making a good case to get drafted in this practices using his quickness, but I don't believe he'll go that high.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Randy White;3256340 said:

Then I saw Mike Iupati

WOW... !

I wish.