La'el Collins - Any News on this guy?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s probably sitting on his couch with a dozen donuts and 3 bags of chips at his side — and pushing 400 lbs.

streetcredit

Reaction score
If all are healthy we can try and make a run, if not....burn it down and rebuild

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He played great last year. Sky is the limit. Then comes the mysterious injury. Then we find out the injury is bad. Then we hear it might be real, real bad. Now we are counting on him.

Classic mental approach of a suffering Cowboys fan.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I thought I saw something yesterday where Stephen said he expects Tyron, Zack and La'el all to come back healthy and ready to play next year. I do not give the Cowboys much credibility when they talk about injuries though.

Especially before the draft.

With Collins I do take them on their word he will be back because a career threatening injury would have leaked out or been reported.

I think the most likely scenarios by far are either A) the car accident he was in was worse than they thought and all sides are working some angle with the insurance companies or B) Collins was one of those guys who thought the season would be completely cancelled, got badly out of shape and never got back to a playing level.

I think those are the most likely, but I don't buy the official story.

conner01

Reaction score
His hip replacement is going well but he’s still fat
I know that because I read it here lol

jrumann59

Reaction score
He'll be 100% in my opinion along with Tyron. Collins only time missed previously was with a torn ligament in his toe which is a pretty big thing for an O-lineman. It was speculated by this board that he came to camp out of shape but I never heard that anywhere else. To my knowledge he had a hip injury, had surgery, and is doing well. There's zero reason not to believe in a dominant Collins returning in 2021.

The same should be noted about Tyron Smith. His neck has bothered him for years and was surgically corrected this season. I personally think the two bookends will back in 2021.
the only worry is the story or rumor that he had no cartilage left in the hip when he had surgery. If that is true I don't know how they fix the hip.

coult44

Reaction score
While i agree with the whole Collin's thing. No news is good news I hope.

You need to stop taking credit away from players on this team.

Football is a team sport. If the OL played amazing and Romo/Dak are missing passes all over the place it doesnt matter. If the OL is playing well and Murray isnt hitting the right hole or as was very usual with him was running for contact instead of away it doesnt matter.

Football is about everyone doing their job. So stop trying to diminish the QB's of this team by saying well. It was this it was that. The TEAM played well.

I actually have an honest question for you.

Have you ever played an organized sport at a high level before?

Yep, and I say we need Collins back desperately

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We really need him to bounce back next year.

He's really only had 1 impressive season and it was 2019. Then he just messes up his hip doing who knows what during the offseason.

This OL is fading quick and it would be nice if he could come back and be 100%.

Everyone wants to talk about Dak/Romo & Murray/Zeke but the real reason we were so good in 14 & 16 was because our offensive line could dictate games by imposing their will.

I started a thread about Dave Helman saying on the Break that Collins' hip was "bone on bone", and no one there contradicted him. That sounds pretty grim to me. Career ending kind of grim, or at least severely career shortening.

Couldn't see how to search for the thread.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
He’s probably sitting on his couch with a dozen donuts and 3 bags of chips at his side — and pushing 400 lbs.
Prob still would be a top 10 RT in the league. Guy had top 5 pick talent and went undrafted partially bc he's lazy, and still is an all-pro caliber player lol.

He's offensive line Jay Cutler.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
While i agree with the whole Collin's thing. No news is good news I hope.

You need to stop taking credit away from players on this team.

Football is a team sport. If the OL played amazing and Romo/Dak are missing passes all over the place it doesnt matter. If the OL is playing well and Murray isnt hitting the right hole or as was very usual with him was running for contact instead of away it doesnt matter.

Football is about everyone doing their job. So stop trying to diminish the QB's of this team by saying well. It was this it was that. The TEAM played well.

I actually have an honest question for you.

Have you ever played an organized sport at a high level before?
Collins just shows up and works. No complaining, no whining about money, not selfish, he's a team guy.

Wouldn't mind an update on his health but otherwise, I think No news is good news.

cern

Reaction score
Haven't heard a word. Seems strange. We know dak's ahead of schedule. So why the reticence regarding la'el?

Jenky

Reaction score
Prob still would be a top 10 RT in the league. Guy had top 5 pick talent and went undrafted partially bc he's lazy, and still is an all-pro caliber player lol.

He's offensive line Jay Cutler.

He would have been a 1st round pick but went undrafted because the police wanted to question him about the murder of his ex girlfriend right before the draft.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Updates: How Are Tyron Smith & La'el Doing?

"We feel good about both of them," Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones said Monday on 105.3 The Fan. "We've actually been having those conversations already about guys and their future, guys who are on our injured list, and feel good that barring an unfortunate injury that the injuries that they have shouldn't be a factor in whether they can play a full season or not next year -- that they should fully recover and be ready to go."

We won't know for certain until La'el Collins is back on the field playing football again, but I don't get the vibe from Stephen Jones or anyone else that's part of the team that LC is done.

I'm betting Dave Helman simply doesn't possess enough medical knowledge to know what he's talking about.

Time will tell.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

He's really only had 1 impressive season and it was 2019. Then he just messes up his hip doing who knows what during the offseason.

Everyone wants to talk about Dak/Romo & Murray/Zeke but the real reason we were so good in 14 & 16 was because our offensive line could dictate games by imposing their will.
Yah but we have dalton.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

HACK.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
He’ll be back, and like the rest of the linemen, he will have to be shut down by Week 10 at the latest due to some injury like a stinger, calf, back, or hip injury as always.
I understand the frustration with the nagging injuries of the oline(I’ve been done with Tyron for 3 years, he’s our fletcher cox) but under stand the trenches is the most physical part of the game. We kind of got lucky from 2014 to 2016 because that unit was relatively healthy during that period.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

.......and the defense didn't suck either.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I hope they all come back strong next year-- but the bottom line is that this FO has made it really hard to trust what they tell the media about injuries. Guys that need surgery delay and wait before getting them. Other times the severity of the injury is in question and the team is not forthcoming with how significant an injury might actually be. For all we know Tyron and La'El might end up retiring in August lol

The wise thing to do would be to draft some some help along both the OL and DL this year and not cross our fingers and blindly hope that they will be the players they were before getting surgeries. This team has A TON of holes, and a TON of cap space committed to guys under-performing when it comes to production. The fact that Nolan has still not been fired is just further confirmation that the status quo is very much in place.

This FO will pass off a mega-deal for Dak as significant progress this offseason. I don't see them doing anything in FA. Even if we hit on a couple draft picks-- rookies aren't usually difference makers in year one-- especially on defense. Hoping to see more proactive decisions from this staff-- but early returns look discouraging. They are just offering some lame excuses and defending their performance.