News: La'el Collins earning that money

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every Heath fan-boy gives him a pass no matter how much he screws up , inevitably pointing to the 1 play he made against the Raiders and Derek Carr ; one only has to look at last night's early game and Alvin Kamara sparking the Saints in the 2nd half.

Lewis shut him down in their game last year.......................................
Lewis played 8 snaps in that game...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
la'el has always been solid. but for some reasons there's a segment of posters who pick SOMEONE on the OL to rag on and want to trade. much like many times in the past, it makes no sense. la'el has been a very good solid player for us and we're lucky to have him.

people gotta *****.

I think fans start judging against Martin, Frederick and Smith, and that's not reasonable. I player can be lesser quality than those guys and still be a very good player.

Reactions: CWR

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And how many completions did he allow besides adding a pick ?
Kamara was 8 of 11 receiving in that game.

Earlier this year I posted a play by play review of Lewis in that game.

It's a bonus to have a quality 4th CB to play Dime but it was 8 snaps if 52 snaps the Cowboys played in defense.

It is good that Lewis came up with the INT but Maliek Collins caused the INT by being in the face of Brees causing him to literally throw it directly to Lewis.

In 2017 Lewis and Brown both played around 800 snaps. Brown had 2 INTs and Lewis had 1.

Brown is barely bigger than Lewis. Similar arm length, Brown 1 inch taller and 4 pounds heavier based in draft weights.

Size is not the reason Brown has been the starting Nickel CB over Lewis.

Lewis was the "starting" Nickel CB in 2 games last season (Brown and Awuzue each missed 1 game). Lewis was good in those games.

Lewis is better than most 4th CBs and still has a chance to move up to #3 but there is a false narrative that Lewis has proven to be better than any of the other 3 CBs.

Certain fans love the flair or feisty demeanor that Lewis shows on the field and have pushed the narrative that he is great.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'm not convinced.
I’d like to see a breakdown of the two and their production.

I seem to see Brown beat more, like the 4th down play. And seem to see Lewis make more plays like the 3rd and goal pass break up and some big tackles last year.

But clearly I could be missing much more and likely am.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Just from my amateur eyeball test, La'el was demolishing guys. It was kinda hilarious, honestly.
I can say I don't really pay attention to him anymore since he's been average. I look more at what Dak is doing than anything, but I know for a fact Dak barely had to think about a pass rush or having a hand in his face to say the least.