Lamb is not working out with the team but it's not an issue right now

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...r-ceedee-lamb-absence-doesnt-matter-right-now

Cowboys OC Brian Schottenheimer: CeeDee Lamb absence doesn’t matter right now​

Published May 15, 2024 07:19 AM

Wide receiver CeeDee Lamb isn’t working out with the Cowboys as he looks for a new contract, but that’s not a cause for concern in Dallas.

That was the message from offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer when he spoke to reporters from the team’s offseason program on Tuesday. Schottenheimer said at a press conference that Lamb has been communicating with quarterback Dak Prescott and that he expects everything to go smoothly once Lamb is back with the team.

“It doesn’t matter right now,” Schottenheimer said. “CeeDee’s a pro.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He's not man enough to miss mandatory workouts and get hit with those fines and other stipulations!! Good stance, but it won't last, the league has put a stop to all that player hold out stuff

Flamma

Reaction score
He's not man enough to miss mandatory workouts and get hit with those fines and other stipulations!! Good stance, but it won't last, the league has put a stop to all that player hold out stuff
They didn't put a stop to rookie holdouts as far as I know.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And.....when Mike McCarthy was asked about CeeDee he replied " pass the mashed potatoes " :flagwave: jk

Creeper

Reaction score
Sure, it is not a concern now but if this smolders too long a fire will erupt from the smoke.

Of course, we have no idea what conversations the Cowboys are having with CeeDee. Rumor has it they are waiting to see what happens with Jefferson and the Vikings. Think they they should have moved on CeeDee's deal already but the Cowboys seem to like waiting and paying more for the trouble.

I heard a little bit of a conversation between Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller on NFL radio yesterday. Kirwan claimed he looked at the Cowboys situation with Dak, CeeDee and Parsons and said he thought they Cowboys will wind up spending over 40% of their CAP on those 3 players at some point. This is based on what he thought their deals would be. He said if they do pay all 3 it would be hard to put other pieces in place and keep them. I think he was insinuating the Cowboys would not keep all 3 guys.

If you had to keep 2 of 3 and still wanted to remain competitive, which 2 would you keep? Who would be the hardest to replace? Would 3 good receivers be better than 1 great receiver and 2 other guys? May Dallas is waiting to see what happens this year before they decide.

Flamma

Reaction score
They may have to one day
There's really no reason. Trade or pay the guy. That's what got Khalil Mack traded to the Bears for 2 first round picks. That's what got Aaron Donald paid by the Rams. Both players got an extension. The idea behind it is to use your leverage to not be exploited. I don't feel sorry for them either way, because they're going to make a ton of money anyway.

No one expected Zeke to be washed up at 23 years old. Had they known, they could have traded him for more than a 1st round pick. But when you give a 20 year old a 25M dollar rookie contract, how do you ensure he puts in the work?

Remember when Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson? You're probably not old enough. Buster was in top physical condition. He got a 25M dollar deal to fight Holyfield. That's all he needed. That blob that came out to fight Evander looked nothing like the man that fought Tyson.

Gambit

Reaction score
Rumor has it they are waiting to see what happens with Jefferson and the Vikings
The players have the same agency. It seems they both are playing at the same game. People want to jump and blame Stephen anytime a contract situation isn't resolved right away, but he has been telling those who care to hear, these players are talking amongst themselves.

Cowboys aren't negotiating one contract, same as Vikings, they both really are negotiating 2.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
There's really no reason. Trade or pay the guy. That's what got Khalil Mack traded to the Bears for 2 first round picks. That's what got Aaron Donald paid by the Rams. Both players got an extension. The idea behind it is to use your leverage to not be exploited. I don't feel sorry for them either way, because they're going to make a ton of money anyway.

No one expected Zeke to be washed up at 23 years old. Had they known, they could have traded him for more than a 1st round pick. But when you give a 20 year old a 25M dollar rookie contract, how do you ensure he puts in the work?

Remember when Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson? You're probably not old enough. Buster was in top physical condition. He got a 25M dollar deal to fight Holyfield. That's all he needed. That blob that came out to fight Evander looked nothing like the man that fought Tyson.I'm
I'm 40 i'm plenty old enough. We were talking about rookies, you're now mentioning Mack and others

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm 40 i'm plenty old enough. We were talking about rookies, you're now mentioning Mack and others
Yeah, they were on rookie contracts. Why do you think I brought them up? Both examples were after their 3rd year of their rookie contract.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Piggy needs to go back and watch the Green Bay game. I wouldn't show up in public after that one either.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...r-ceedee-lamb-absence-doesnt-matter-right-now

Cowboys OC Brian Schottenheimer: CeeDee Lamb absence doesn’t matter right now​

Published May 15, 2024 07:19 AM

Wide receiver CeeDee Lamb isn’t working out with the Cowboys as he looks for a new contract, but that’s not a cause for concern in Dallas.

That was the message from offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer when he spoke to reporters from the team’s offseason program on Tuesday. Schottenheimer said at a press conference that Lamb has been communicating with quarterback Dak Prescott and that he expects everything to go smoothly once Lamb is back with the team.

“It doesn’t matter right now,” Schottenheimer said. “CeeDee’s a pro.
Sure it's a problem !
Your best offensive player is holding out and " there is nothing to see here " ???
Get out !