Lamb vs dez

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Who has more upside? Lambs a better route runner and the hands are close. Dez was bigger with. More burst. He also had better leaping ability. Dez would’ve been even better had his finger not been welded to allow him to finish the year. Dez took too many hits and. Didn’t improve his routes. I think z will end up as the better w r unless lamb becomes an elite route runner.

John813

Reaction score
Hard to say. Both are/were talented guys with skill sets only a select few have in the NFL.

We saw what Dez could do in the league and he had a 3 year peak that helped him become the #1 receving td leader of this franchise. He had a bad note to end his career here but the man was just dominate during his prime.

I think Lamb could be close to Dez as an impact player, with some traits that would be stronger than Dez in some regards including route running.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Who has more upside? Lambs a better route runner and the hands are close. Dez was bigger with. More burst. He also had better leaping ability. Dez would’ve been even better had his finger not been welded to allow him to finish the year. Dez took too many hits and. Didn’t improve his routes. I think z will end up as the better w r unless lamb becomes an elite route runner.

HUH? Day drinking. Dez was more athletic and raw. I loved Dez but his game was prone to big peaks and big valleys depending on how athletic the DB across from him was. Lamb is pretty close to being an elite route runner. Something to being said about being consistent than being flashy. Jerry Rice and Irvin were consistent.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Hard to say. Both are/were talented guys with skill sets only a select few have in the NFL.

We saw what Dez could do in the league and he had a 3 year peak that helped him become the #1 receving td leader of this franchise. He had a bad note to end his career here but the man was just dominate during his prime.

I think Lamb could be close to Dez as an impact player, with some traits that would be stronger than Dez in some regards including route running.
He had an inaccurate an to finish his career

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Dez game was never route running. Dez wasn't fast but he was explosive for his size.
He was a big physical jump ball type, with great run after catch skills. Dez play became an issue after Garrett wanted to shorten everything up, in an effort to help Dak.
But Dez was a guy that had to get some momentum going before he could juke his defender. All of the short, quick cut routes that Garrett and Co wanted Dez to run didn't fit Dez's strong suit.

Lamb is not fast but he is quick. He gets in and out of his cuts quick. And his change of direction for his size is phenomenal. And when you add in his ability to contort his body to make catches, he becomes great.

The difference between the two will be longevity. I believe Lambs natural playing style will lead him to have a longer and thusly more productive career than Dez's. Dez played like Marion "The Barbarian" at WR. And that's what make him such a threat in the redzone. So Lamb is nothing like Dez...he's more like Jerry Rice to me.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The only thing that would really bug me about Dez is that he could let his head take him out of the game.
He would totes get into it with that DB with the Commanders to the point that it would affect his game.
It was so noticeable that commercials were made about their competitive relationship.

DB's and the game could get into his head.
He didn't have that mental block that put him above the scrum.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
NFL pro vs free agent
At the moment yes, but still:
Dez did play his guts out on that field for our team and put up a historic number and while I think CeeDee and Dez should not be high-level compared as they are such different WR's and the devil is always in the details...

I guess we can talk about if the younger could topple the elder in the history books of Cowboy annals and give reasons why.