Lamb's Catch in OTA's Thursday Action

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We are all thinking it......
sherm-wright-.jpg
They should've put some respect on Wright's name more. He got disrespected a lot on draft day.....I really hope he kills it. Rooting for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is the player many draft experts here never even heard of but knew for certain that the Cowboys drafted him 3 rounds earlier than any other team would have.

They know who they are. We gave a nice thread where many voted.
Yep...the resident draft gurus....they couldn't even tell you why they didn't like him because they never even heard of him lol.

ghst187

Reaction score
Say what you will.....but I keep seeing and reading reports on how well Nahshon Wright seems to be doing.....that name seems to be consistent.

yeah and he seems to have some dog in him too. I hated the pick as I thought we could’ve gotten him a few rounds later but maybe the war room knew something after all..?

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't think LVE has the type of mentality that he's just going to lay down and let someone take his job away. If someone else takes the starting position you had best believe he worked his butt off to earn it.

I love it when you have two really good players competing for the same position. From a team and fan perspective, it's a win-win.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CeeDee is going to straight ball this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he leads the receivers in catches and yards.
My fantasy sleeper.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yeah and he seems to have some dog in him too. I hated the pick as I thought we could’ve gotten him a few rounds later but maybe the war room knew something after all..?
Yeah man if he hits I don’t think we will care where he was drafted...if he busts.....oh boy lol.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yep...the resident draft gurus....they couldn't even tell you why they didn't like him because they never even heard of him lol.
What the team liked about Wright, I think, are two things:
  1. He has a nose for the football and is a natural ball-hawk.
  2. He has great length but moves like a much smaller corner.
It is very rare to have a 6’4” guy who is fluid and smooth. Most guys with that length are kind of gangly and herky-jerky in their movements. They don’t have the feet to turn and run like a Kelvin Joseph who is controlled and fluid in everything he does. Wright isn’t that smooth but he is strangely coordinated in his movements for a super tall CB. That is a very valuable thing if you want long DB’s, and it gives him a really high ceiling.

Plus, being a guy who the ball just finds is what Dallas is trying to fill their defensive backfield with… a strategy that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Those things don’t mean that we know he’s going to be great, but it 100% tells us why the team valued him so highly. All-in-all, Wright is a pretty rare package that very much dovetails with what the Cowboys what to do in their secondary and in retrospect, it isn’t surprising at all that they took him.

There is some risk involved, like with any draft pick, but IMO there is a really solid chance that he sticks and makes some plays in Dallas. He could even be very good if things go right.

I’m pretty happy that they have a guy like him to work with.

plasticman

Reaction score
Again....what if.......what if the Cowboys ended up picking the two best playmaking CB's in this year's draft?

I don't mean fundamentally sound, consistent, or talented. I mean playmakers, ball hawks, INT artists, game changers.

I am more excited about the potential for improving the defense with these rookies than I was with the 2005 draft that gave us Ware, Spears, Ratliff, Canty and Burnett.