Lame duck McCarthy

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The worst part of retaining McCarthy is this. He will be a lame duck head coach going into the last year of his contract. The media and fans will be waiting for the Cowboys to stumble. Which they most certainly will against better coached teams. Mike probably doesn’t even make it through the whole season without being fired. Then we get to start the coaching search next year. Mike McCarthy is a dead man walking.
What makes you think he will be fired half way through the season?
Waiting for him to stumble?

Sounds like this is what you want.

Stak78

Reaction score
What makes you think he will be fired half way through the season?
Waiting for him to stumble?

Sounds like this is what you want.
I sincerely hope they go undefeated next year and I have to eat my words. However, if the last three years are indicative of McCarthy’s coaching limitations, we can expect much of the same with a winning record with an early playoff exit. I would predict they do slightly worse and it will be a wasted season. This team needs a higher tier of coaching from the head coach, coordinators and especially the position coaches. This current coaching staff is simply not up to the task of playoff success. With a lame duck coaching staff it will make it almost impossible to attract any better assistant coaches this next year.