Lance Frazier to be cut . . .

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Can anyone explain what exactly he was thinking when he caught that Joey Harrington pass?

Friggin stupid rookie . . . there's why he went undrafted.

I'm sure Mike Zimmer will teach him to never do that again!!!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Midswat said:
Can anyone explain what exactly he was thinking when he caught that Joey Harrington pass?

If that doesn't get him then not fair catching that 50 yard punt return surely will.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Midswat said:

Dude shut up. He had a great Special teams play and had the pick that ended the game. He has promise.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
Dude shut up. He had a great Special teams play and had the pick that ended the game. He has promise.

I take it you missed the sarcasm in this silly thread.

mbanx

Reaction score
Midswat said:

Nice, it threw me for a minute excellent post.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Why do aggies always have to prove they're aggies?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
zimmy probably had a fit when frazier had the audacity to actually turn his head in coverage to see where the QB intended to place the pass. great play lance frazier.

Smith22

Reaction score
I guess this is the thread for morons who actually believe our DC teaches players NOT to look for the ball. Don't you think that BP would notice such a glaring problem and address it if that were the case.

Try blaming the players for not having the instincts to make a play on the ball. Or maybe is has something to do with the fact that we have nothing but 7th round picks (Jones, Reeves) and ex NFL players (Williams) playing CB across from Newman; not to mention the fact we have 2 horrible safeties in Dixon and Scott next to RW.

Reaction score
I find it quite hilarious that people think our D coordinator teaches guys not to play the ball. Is that why Roy had 5 INTs as a rookie and 2 last year? The reason Newman is not getting too many is because he is not turning and running with guys, he's backpedaling and letting them force him to bite, then he has to try to recover just to break it up. It might help if he had some safety help.

Besides, what about his INT against Cleveland? You going to tell me that wasn't a good play on the ball?

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
I find it hillarious the people absolve Zimmer of any responsibility for the horrendous play displayed under Mike Zimmer.

Mike Zimmer is the DC, as well as the SECONDARY COACH.

Not Roy, nor Dixon, nor Newman, nor Reeves, nor Jones, nor anyone turns and looks for the ball when covering a receiver.

Its not a coincidence that we have only four games with at least one interception in the past 19 games.

Its not a coincidence that we get more pass interference penalties than we do pass deflections.

And its not a coincidence that cornerbacks don't improve, but rather regress after playing with us for an extended period of time.

Smith22

Reaction score
Midswat said:
I find it hillarious the people absolve Zimmer of any responsibility for the horrendous play displayed under Mike Zimmer.

Mike Zimmer is the DC, as well as the SECONDARY COACH.

Not Roy, nor Dixon, nor Newman, nor Reeves, nor Jones, nor anyone turns and looks for the ball when covering a receiver.

Its not a coincidence that we have only four games with at least one interception in the past 19 games.

Its not a coincidence that we get more pass interference penalties than we do pass deflections.

And its not a coincidence that cornerbacks don't improve, but rather regress after playing with us for an extended period of time.
  • SIX of Zimmer's nine years in Dallas we have ranked in the TOP 10 in pass defense.
  • Zim served as DB coach for six years, during which time we ranked 2nd in passing yards per game giving up 190.6 per game (only team that did better was the Iggles.
  • In 1999, our defense finished with 24 INT's, tied for 6th.
Let me guess, he had nothing to do with any of that. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
You ever notice how close Newman plays to the line? That means he has to try to jam guys, then run with them, as in there is no way he can really locate the ball all the time. He just has to make sure the other guy doesn't catch it. If you want to see him play way off the line and only stay deep to pick it off, then you better be ready to watch teams do to use with a tight end what we did to the last two teams we played.