Lance Shulters

gosuns

Reaction score
Tuesday, 06/14/05

Schulters' fate to be decided soon

A decision on veteran safety Lance Schulters' future with the Titans could be made as early as today.

The Titans begin their June minicamp today at Baptist Sports Park, and unless the two sides agree to a restructured deal Schulters isn't expected to be on the field.

If Schulters doesn't agree to a significant pay cut, he's expected to be released.
Schulters' agent, Brian Levy, said last night he expects to talk to Titans General Manager Floyd Reese today.

"I think for everyone it would be best to resolve this thing," Levy said.

Schulters, who received a $250,000 roster bonus from the Titans in March, is scheduled to earn a base salary of $2.75 million in 2005 and count $4.2 million against the salary cap.

By releasing him now, the Titans get more salary cap relief for 2005 because they can spread the cap hit over two seasons.

Levy and Reese met last month, but haven't discussed Schulters' contract situation since then because of conflicting schedules.

Schulters, who signed with the Titans as a free agent in 2002, was a regular starter at free safety before suffering a foot injury last season which caused him to miss 13 games. - Jim Wyatt - The Tennesseean

___________________________END OF ARTICLE________________________

***Not sure Dallas needs this guy anymore...But figured I would post to update his status.***

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
More than ever I am interested if he is released. No faith in Davis or Reese at this point. Willing to look at all options.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Schulters would be about as good a fit as D.Darius would have been. Both belong at SS. I'll take Davis for now, if someone like C.Chavous was a fa though i'd be interested.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We may be getting to a critical mass in terms of roster spots and talent, but I wouldn't have a problem with looking at Lance either assuming he's healthy enough to play now and doesn't cost too much.

I'm not convinced the FS issue is solved with the current competition either Hos.

Reaction score
Perhaps its (FS) not resolved yet, but that is what camp is for...
If his health isn't an issue I would want to talk to Lance..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
:D Sneaky bastid.

He isn't rumored to be available last I checked.

We have the room and he's tons better than what we have.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
:D Sneaky bastid.

He isn't rumored to be available last I checked.

We have the room and he's tons better than what we have.

I wonder if we could trade for him ... he'd be loads better than anything that is out there now. He would be the final piece to a very nice looking defense.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I wonder if we could trade for him ... he'd be loads better than anything that is out there now. He would be the final piece to a very nice looking defense.
At what price though Ben? Trading means we take a cap hit. I think they are trying to avoid that for the future as well as now.

Pooz

Reaction score
Give Reese a chance. I was never sold on Schulters going back to hiz days in SF. No thanks...NEXT

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pooz said:
Give Reese a chance. I was never sold on Schulters going back to hiz days in SF. No thanks...NEXT
The fact I am not picketing Texas Stadium means I am giving him a chance. I just don't think he's all that and I never stop wanting to get better if possible. Not even when a position is manned by a friend.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
The fact I am not picketing Texas Stadium means I am giving him a chance. I just don't think he's all that and I never stop wanting to get better if possible. Not even when a position is manned by a friend.
So does that mean I'll be seeing you on the news in front of Texas Stadium picketing if Barnes makes the final 53?? :D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
So does that mean I'll be seeing you on the news in front of Texas Stadium picketing if Barnes makes the final 53?? :D

You have been a very clever girl today. Feeling your oats? :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Either that or a tower looking through a scope. :eek:

j/k

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
Never know Shulters might have a break out year with the Cowboys... He does have a excellent coach in Bill Parcells, who can increase his playing ability, and excellent doctors to help him get back into playing shape.....

I like Keith Davis and Izell Resse, but Shulters is a experience vet that could even teach Roy Williams what he knows about the game and this could wear off on Davis and Resse and Briauit... I don't think Lynn Scott going to make it this year, but never know...

I say bring in the competition...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Can you prove that fact is the fact Hos? :D
Can I prove I'm not picketing against Reese getting a chance?

Yeah, real simple. If I was to ever take a stance like that where I was that passionate about something you'd know about it. And I don't mean because I'd repeat it over and over ad nauseum on a message board. If I felt that passionately I'd get the message out in other ways. It can be done.

Since there is no movement to get rid of Reese already it seems logical to draw the conclusion that I wouldn't be invloved in a movement that already doesn't exist.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Can I prove I'm not picketing against Reese getting a chance?

Yeah, real simple. If I was to ever take a stance like that where I was that passionate about something you'd know about it. And I don't mean because I'd repeat it over and over and ad nauseum on a message board. If I felt that passionately I'd get the message out in other ways. It can be done.

Since there is no movement to get rid of Reese already it seems logical to draw the conclusion that I wouldn't be invloved in a movement that already doesn't exist.
Ohhhh...nicely woven response :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Myself I do not think Dallas is not going to invest in another S. Reese is serviceable for the job, not the greatest player in the league but face it you’re not going to get PB players at every position.