Lance Z' Initial Draft Profiles

Sydla

Reaction score
Interesting notes:

Latham as the #1 OT ahead of Alt and Fashanu was interesting.

He has Barton as the #1 C, not JPJ. He had the PSU kid above Frazier and Van Pran too.

Cooper as the 3rd LB behind Colson and Trotter.

He also has Nabers as his highest graded WR, not Harrison Jr.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interesting notes:

He has Barton as the #1 C, not JPJ. He had the PSU kid above Frazier and Van Pran too.

Agree or not, its always interesting to see opinions that deviate. Alot of copy/paste rankings get tossed out there to make quotas. It can get boring. Plus Lance isnt someone whose opinion should be taken lightly

cnuball21

Reaction score
Interesting notes:

Yup. And JPJ rating of 6.3 is miles behind Linderbaum (6.7) who came out recently.

JPJ is a quality prospect but I think he's getting overblown on here quite a bit.

Sydla

Reaction score
Agree or not, its always interesting to see opinions that deviate. Alot of copy/paste rankings get tossed out there to make quotas. It can get boring. Plus Lance isnt someone whose opinion should be taken lightly
Agree.

The C rankings were interesting but I found Latham as the #1 OT over Alt and Fashanu also pretty interesting. Granted, in most mocks, Latham seems be the 3rd OT taken and often in the first 13-14 picks after Fashanu and Alt.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agree.

The C rankings were interesting but I found Latham as the #1 OT over Alt and Fashanu also pretty interesting. Granted, in most mocks, Latham seems be the 3rd OT taken and often in the first 13-14 picks after Fashanu and Alt.
His grade for Alt and Fashanu is alot closer to Fuaga, Mims and Guyton than it is to Latham. Latham grade seems more in line with a top 10ish pick whereas the rest of them seemed graded more towards the middle of the 1st. I wonder what he is not seeing in them

Sydla

Reaction score
His grade for Alt and Fashanu is alot closer to Fuaga, Mims and Guyton than it is to Latham. Latham grade seems more in line with a top 10ish pick whereas the rest of them seemed graded more towards the middle of the 1st. I wonder what he is not seeing in them
Hope teams see it the same way and Fashanu or Alt slide to us, LOL.

We can always dream.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze are all just studs. Harrison's the best of the bunch, but there's not a big gap between him and Nabers. It's almost like an AJ Green vs Julio Jones situation... speaking of that, Harrison is a dead ringer for Green.

I think JC Latham is the scariest guard since Quinton Nelson, stuck playing tackle. Just kind of a lunger and bender, but he is huge and impossibly strong. I don't know how you rank him about Alt and Fashanu, though. Those guys both look like NFL tackles trapped in college and carry almost zero risk. If your plan is to play Latham outside, then I think there's a little risk.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I like Lance. He's not one of my favorites but hid dad was a career OL coach so I tend to listen to him on OL prospects.

However, I have noticed that "draft media" has followed the First Take trend and will go against the grain to generate clicks and spark debate.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He compares to Chop Robinson to Parsons. If he falls to us (highly unlikely) I would jump at the chance to get him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He compares to Chop Robinson to Parsons. If he falls to us (highly unlikely) I would jump at the chance to get him.
Chop is one of my favorite targets at 24. His burst / bend is as good as anyone in the class he’s just going to need to develop some more moves.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think Chop is the most undervalued guy in the draft right now. His stock might blast off after the Combine.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Chop is one of my favorite targets at 24. His burst / bend is as good as anyone in the class he’s just going to need to develop some more moves.
I think Chop is the most undervalued guy in the draft right now. His stock might blast off after the Combine.
I have never seen him play but when I saw the comparison, my eyes lit up. Imagine him and Parson rushing the passer. I don't think he will get to us though.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Interesting notes:

i have nabers as my best WR too... i'm on the outlier with him

barton could be the best C depending on medicals and Colson might be the best LB depending on testing... this is for sure not an out to lunch opinion but very left curve

cnuball21

Reaction score
i have nabers as my best WR too... i'm on the outlier with him

barton could be the best C depending on medicals and Colson might be the best LB depending on testing... this is for sure not an out to lunch opinion but very left curve
I've got Barton over JPJ due to the length and athleticism.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Personally I don’t put much stock in the rankings on NFL.com. Some of their rankings are just way out there.

RS12

Reaction score
Chop had 12 sacks in three seasons. Sounds closer to "Almost" Anthony Spencer.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Yup. And JPJ rating of 6.3 is miles behind Linderbaum (6.7) who came out recently.

JPJ is a quality prospect but I think he's getting overblown on here quite a bit.
I suspect Robinson is going to be the Nolan Smith of this draft. He’s going to post impressive numbers at the combine. Explosive 1st step and get off. He should have been more productive but teams will always take chances on that kind of skill set. He may go sooner than expected.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I suspect Robinson is going to be the Nolan Smith of this draft. He’s going to post impressive numbers at the combine. Explosive 1st step and get off. He should have been more productive but teams will always take chances on that kind of skill set. He may go sooner than expected.
I was a big Nolan fan but he was a bit more unique in his smaller size and a DC having to be creative in how they use him.

Chop comes in at 250+ out the gate so can be an every down Edge player from day 1.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I was a big Nolan fan but he was a bit more unique in his smaller size and a DC having to be creative in how they use him.

Chop comes in at 250+ out the gate so can be an every down Edge player from day 1.
His burst is definitely different than anyone in the class.