Pick 4 Carolina Panthers Trey Lance
Pick 5 Cincinnati Bengals Penei Sewell
Pick 6 Philadelphia Eagles Kyle Pitts
Pick 7 Detroit Lions DeVonta Smith
Pick 8 Atlanta Falcons Patrick Surtain II
Pick 9 Denver Justin Fields
Pick 10 Dallas Cowboys
Rashawn Slater Northwestern · OL · Senior

Slater is a potential "five for one" lineman who can play any position up front. The Cowboys were at their best when the offensive line was strong, and this Northwestern product helps strengthen that unit.

Lance Zierlein 2021 NFL mock draft 2.0: How does the first wave of free agency impact Round 1?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm a BPA believer especially in the early rounds so I've got to consider any highly ranked player whether they are my highest position of need or not. Or of course trade down.

morasp

Reaction score
I'm a BPA believer especially in the early rounds so I've got to consider any highly ranked player whether they are my highest position of need or not. Or of course trade down.
I really like value picks as opposed to reaching for a player and Lance has Slater ranked 9th overall so that would be good value.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not sure the BRoncos will draft a QB in the 1st RD.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope. Sorry. Can't take a future OG at 10 unless that guy is named Quenton Nelson.

Farley's injury is really mucking things up now. We have to try our best to trade that pick if the BPA there is Slater.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Good with Slater there, but I have a hard time buying that the Falcons will go corner at 8. Waddle should be a no brainer for them.
One big problem with his mock. Why would Atlanta make a trade with Carolina and help them get their franchise quarterback? There in the same division. No team is that dumb.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
One big problem with his mock. Why would Atlanta make a trade with Carolina and help them get their franchise quarterback? There in the same division. No team is that dumb.
Yea, it would have to be a serious haul lol

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I'd take Waddle in that scenario. I like Slater, but I've got a really hard time taking a player who can maybe play tackle and while his most natural position may be guard, he'd need added strength to play it. Honestly, I think the only position Slater could outright win on the Dallas line is maybe at center against Biadasz. Everyone's favorite whipping boy Connor Williams is entering his 4th season and has steadily progressed. He's not going to give up his spot and Tyron and Lael would take Slaters lunch money. Slater is a super impressive athlete, but that's going to be tough to see if he can't get off the bench.

Now, if Dallas knows something about Tyron or Lael injury/rehab status that we don't, then by all means draft Slater. But all indications are they'll both be ready for camp.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I could see Philadelphia trading with Washington like they did with McNabb. Washington is desperate.
Maybe, but Washington would have to move up first before that. I can't see them moving that far up without getting to like, 12, first

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I’m taking waddle. We need speed wr and he’s best player available

bodi

Reaction score
I FIND A TRADE partner i;d rather have
CHRISTIAN DARRISAW
DILLON RADUNZ

Reaction score
The player is 6-3. Not with the 10th pick. If Trey Lance is still there, I trade down with the Bears at twenty. We would get a haul of picks, as desperate as they are to get a QB. You'd probably still have access to players like Jaelan Phillips, Christian Barmore, Zaven Collins, & maybe Jaycee Horn. I don't want a first spent on an offensive player.
We could always trade up to 33 with the extra picks we get, & grab the best OT available. We've got to improve that awful defense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Know it's hard to accept but you have to be prepared to MAKE THE PICK @ 10. Sure you may find a trade partner but one who KNOWs you're desperate and offers no near value for the pick. I know Farley injury has really put us in a tight spot, especially if Surtain goes before 10. Bottom line, your pick may come down to

Slater
Collins
Waddle
JOK

UNLESS ...........you wanna move up ahead of the Eagles and steal Pitt (lol). Wonder what that would cost?