La'Roi Glover Replacement...John McCargo

vicjagger

Reaction score
The first few sentences say he's not right for the Cowboys (Hints:1-gap, 3 technique). That means he's best suited for a 4-3, ala L. Glover.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Last year the Glover/Ferguson combo was gouged for large yardage up the middle. Now hopefully Ayodele will help out in this regard as he should be much better than Shanle was against the run, but I still think we probably need another wide body for the DL. Pepper seems a little light in the tank for the position but could be a good pass rusher as a nickel DT. I don't think this McCargo fellow can consistently hold up double-teams by the sounds of this article so we should probably pass on this one.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I really like McCargo but I think he's way to small to be a 34 NT as well. 6-2 295 is just not huge. I don't know, I guess we'll see.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I really like McCargo but I think he's way to small to be a 34 NT as well. 6-2 295 is just not huge. I don't know, I guess we'll see.

I do like Ratliff and Pepper...This guy has the same style like them. A fast build strong D-Tackle, not wide but able enough to get through the first man with ease, and gets to the Quarterback type D-Tackle.

He's not Fegurson,but he could gain weight if Parcells recomend it.