Reaction score
:star: Toniu Fonoti:star:

:starspin
s5925.jpg
:starspin

LATEST NEWS ON HIM:

-
Fonoti back on the market
<Mar. 16> After failing a physical with the Raiders, Fonoti is again searching for a new team, the Oakland Tribune reports.
In an effort to bolster their offensive line, the Raiders had reached an agreement with Fonoti, the 39th pick of the 2002 draft. Fonoti has had a star-crossed career, battling weight and injury problems. Still, the former Nebraska player is considered among the top guards available in free agency. He joined the Vikings at 385 pounds and nursing a broken hand, then went on injured reserve with a severe groin injury.-espn.com

Reminds me alot of Larry Allen.. If he can get healthy we have a awsome speciment in him....

I say sign em.. he just failed a physical with Oakland Raiders.... which helps us get ahead and sign him...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Reminds you of LA?

LA is twice the player Fonoti is even now. Fonoti is garbage and can't pass a physical. No thanks.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Bucs sign G Toniu Fonoti; meet with Aaron Brooks

The Bucs add some beef to the o-line with Fonoti, while giving some beef to Brooks?
Friday, March 17, 2006
The Buccaneers announced late Friday evening the signing of former Minnesita Viking guard Toniu Fonoti.

Fonoti has started in 33 games over his four year NFL career, between the San Diego Chargers and the Vikings. He's a former second round pick of the Chargers back in the 2002 NFL Draft.

Fonoti will be the largest Buccaneer offensive lineman, as he stands 6'4", and weighs a svelt 350 lbs.

Justin Pawlowski of "The Blitz" is reporting that Aaron Brooks was spotted having lunch with Bucs Personel Executive Doug Williams on Friday. Brooks was recently released by the New Orleans Saints after the signing of Drew Brees. In six years with the Saints, the 29 year old Brooks has amassed 19,000 yards with 120 touchdowns and 82 interceptions.

Another potential Buc target has gone elsewhere, as Patrick Ramsey was traded by the Commanders to the New York Jets for a sixth-round draft pick.

Reports that the Detroit Lions might sign Buc quarterback Brian Griese might have been valid, but such a move now seems unlikely. On Thursday the Lions agreed to a deal with Josh McCown, brother of Buc backup Luke.

Still other teams are reported to be interested in Griese's services, such as Cincinnati -- where Griese scheduled a visit the day after word surfaced Tampa Bay was interested in trading for Ramsey.

"We view him and other teams view him as more than a backup quarterback," said Griese's agent Ralph Cindrich in the St. Pete Times. Apparently the Bucs have let it be known that Chris Simms is their starter.

According to the Kansas City Star, ex-Chief receiver Marc Boerigter will visit One Buc Place on Friday. He had a breakout season in 2002 with eight touchdowns, but does not have another TD since (he missed 2004 with a knee injury). Another receiver, Kevin Johnson, is set for a visit as is Broncos linebacker Patrick Chukwarah.

Tampa Bay on Thursday officially announced its coaching staff for the upcoming season, which includes some already-reported hires and some promotions from within. Art Valero had the title of assistant head coach added to his running backs coach duties, while Rich Bisaccia was promoted to special teams coordinator. Aaron Kromer had his title changed to seniors assistant/offensive line.

Greg Burns (defensive backs) and Jethro Franklin (defensive line) both come from Southern Cal. The Bucs also named Jimmy lake assistant DB coach, Tim Berbenich and Nathaniel Hackett as offensive quality control coaches and Casey Bradley as defensive quality control coach.

The Bucs named Mike Morris head strength and conditioning coach and Kurt Shultz assistant strength and conditioning coach.

Kicker Matt Bryant technically was a free agent, but did not want to shop his services. On Saturday Tampa Bay re-signed Bryant, who stabilized the field-goal game of the Bucs dramatically and had several clutch kicks.

Tampa Bay's next goal appear to be signing a tackle. Tom Ashworth of the Patriots is visiting this weekend, after ex-Titan Brad Hopkins was in town earlier in the week. Former Jaguar, Gator and Armwood High product Mike Pearson visited as did Jason Fabini..

Fullback Jameel Cook signed elsewhere Saturday, with the Houston Texans. And on Monday another Buc found a new home. Dexter Jackson signed a four-year deal with Cincinnati believed to be worth $7 million.

Mike Alstott fans, rejoice. The Bucs have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Alstott in the $1.5 million range.

Tampa Bay also released linebacker Jeff Gooch and offensive lineman Matt Stinchcomb last Firiday.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Rack said:
Reminds you of LA?

LA is twice the player Fonoti is even now. Fonoti is garbage and can't pass a physical. No thanks.

I gotta agree with Rack...if Fonoti got in shape and got healthy he could be solid and even possibly good...but that is a pretty big if. At least you know what LA can do.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
I seem to remember some people wanting Fonoti over Gurode that year. Looks as if although both could be considered busts, we got the lesser of the two busts.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
BP doesn't like fat guys. He likes fat guys that are out of shape less. How do you think he feels about about a fat, out of shape guy that can't pass a physical? Pass.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
didnt fonoti sign with oakland or someone already?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Havent been keeping up on this whole Larry Allen thing, but from the sound of things you guys really want him out. I dont think this Kosier kid can replace LA. With that said, why do you guys assume LA is Gone? I say he should still Start regardless.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Havent been keeping up on this whole Larry Allen thing, but from the sound of things you guys really want him out. I dont think this Kosier kid can replace LA. With that said, why do you guys assume LA is Gone? I say he should still Start regardless.

I agree with you, but the writing appears to be on the wall.

Kosier signed to play Guard. Fabini signed to play RT. IMO if they're gonna cut one of the guards it should be Rivera. Allen is better then Rivera and Kosier.

He's not dominant anymore, but he's still good.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
I agree with you, but the writing appears to be on the wall.

Kosier signed to play Guard. Fabini signed to play RT. IMO if they're gonna cut one of the guards it should be Rivera. Allen is better then Rivera and Kosier.

He's not dominant anymore, but he's still good.
I wonder what it would cost to cut Rivera?

I agree on keeping Allen over both. It's about better player makes whole roster better. Simple math.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
Kyle Kosier is Larry Allen's replacement.

Exactly. This guys not getting that contract to come in and sit on the bench. He was brought here to tell Larry that the end is near. Larry probably let the Cowboys know that he was not going to renegotiate his contract.