Video: Larry Allen strongest player in NFL history

plasticman

Reaction score
I remember one of those strongest man competitions, I think it was Joy Porter that grabbed the weights from him, to stop him, after he'd already won. Porter came in second that year.
I saw the one where Larry went first, ripped off 40 or 50 something reps and then sat there watching everyone else. trying to match it and failing.

There are some other great Larry Allen videos to watch. He's so big and strong that you can only laugh at others trying to explain it.

Check out the one where Troy throws and INT to a linebacker running down the sidelines and Larry Allen cuts across the length of the field to stop him from scoring.

Check out former Giants D-lineman Justin Tuck admitting that Larry Allen was the only player that scared him. Allen would mimic pulling a train whistle to let the defense know that Emmitt was going to run the ball behind him because he knew there wasn't anything they could do about it.

He also described the medical malady of Allenitis where players that were wheeled to play against hom

plasticman

Reaction score
I remember one of those strongest man competitions, I think it was Joy Porter that grabbed the weights from him, to stop him, after he'd already won. Porter came in second that year.
I saw the one where Larry went first, ripped off 40 or 50 something reps and then sat there watching everyone else. trying to match it and failing.

There are some other great Larry Allen videos to watch. He's so big and strong that you can only laugh at others trying to explain it.

Check out the one where Troy throws and INT to a linebacker running down the sidelines and Larry Allen cuts across the length of the field to stop him from scoring.

Check out former Giants D-lineman Justin Tuck admitting that Larry Allen was the only player that scared him. Allen would mimic pulling a train whistle to let the defense know that Emmitt was going to run the ball behind him because he knew there wasn't anything they could do about it.

He describes the disease of "Allenitis" where players fake injuries so they don't have to face him.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Larry allen was the perfect NFL player. Elite speed, elite size, elite strength, elite IQ (freaking played 4 different line positions throughout his career) and elite durability (missed like 5 games in 14 years). If someone put him on a list of the top 25 greatest NFL players of all time I wouldn't argue otherwise, that's how good he was

The fact that he blocked guys like derrick brooks, warren sapp, and john randle while making it look like he was barely trying is absolutely terrifying........

Loved the week before his enshrinement they interviewed John Randle (Hall of fame DT with over 130 career sacks who was known to be a loudmouth/get under peoples skins) and he literally said Larry Allen was the only person in his entire career that he was actually nice to out of pure fear (John: "you where nice to Larry", "bull rush him ? you kidding me bullrush him" ?). The best quote was him with a straight face saying he would pick you up and laugh at you and there was nothing you could do about it

Another good quote was Randle brought up that he would go in the huddle and players would look at him scared saying what are we supposed to do (in reference to going against Larry Allen) and he would with a straight face tell them "just do the best you can do, just try your best"

GMO415

Reaction score
Agreed but vignette goes into his alleged "tough life.". Pff I grew up in nearby Inglewood CA no big deal.

plasticman

Reaction score
Justin Tuck said that if Larry was blocking you and the RB got a five yard gain, that was a win. Teammates on the sidelines would be congratulating you.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He was great, best G ever but Reggie White ragdolled him

https://apnews.com/article/741675c52b1a4d4c43b7c3e86c5b9744

T
he video of Allen benching 700# is crazy. No belt, no bench shirt, just a t+shirt and taped wrists. Guy was a freak.
Yeah, Reggie White used his forklift move against Allen when he was a rookie, but Eric Williams kicked Reggie White’s butt on way more than ONE occasion.

Prior to Eric Williams injury, he was right up their with the great Larry Allen.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blame Parcells.

Tuna just didn't like LA.

He ran out Emmitt too.
One of the oldest coaching moves in the books...Show that you're in charge by confronting the players that were Stars before the coach arrived.

LA was over-weight and out of shape when he showed up to the 1st training camp under Parcells.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
he was the best offensive lineman to ever play the game imo
I absolutely agree. It's hard to walk into a debate with that too because most people think you are just being a homer, but legit the guy is the GOAT.