Larry Brown on KTCK 1310AM Cowboys Post Game: QB Roster Suggestions

mmohican29

Reaction score
AHEM. I've been saying Bartel since Romo got hurt and noone listened. I thought clearly he should have made the roster, and he has upside. Bring him back Jerry.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Brad Johnson can't play in 2008, of no use forward. I said to cut him WEEKS ago..... Bring in a younger QB to develop or give another shot to.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
IMO Bartel clearly outplayed Bollinger head to head in that preseason game. CLEARLY.

But if faced between a choice of Brad, Bollinger, Bartell or Jeff George, then I go with George. George is clearly the more talented (even now) and is still some hope he can win.

And while I never wanted Brad Johnson as the backup QB on this team, I think he would make a HUGE upgrade to Wade Wilson as QB coach. Wade Wilson has not never developed a NFL QB, EVER. Wilson is a joke. Usually you want your QB coaches to be young and up & coming or a veteran with a ton of knowledge as well as previous success. Wade Wilson fits NONE of those criteria. He failed his first round w/Dallas, he failed in Chicago, and he is a complet non-factor now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395184 said:
who cares the QB issue doesn't matter once Romo goes back....we should wait till the off seaosn to get a QB.

Yeah and he could be injured on the first play back. So the backup QB is a very big deal.

The Bartel idea is not an answer for this year. But the idea of developing QBs should be given a big evaluation this year. ILBs, too. Maybe a lot more depending on how this season ends.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2397482 said:
Hey, we've still got Matt Moore.

Oh, wait, no we don't.

:bang2:

Yeah still bothers me a little as well. There's always another car or girl or house. That's what I tell my boys. Generally true. Not always.