Larry Johnson

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What a year this guy is having, he has almost 1700 yards rushing and didnt even start the first 7 games of the year. I hate to see what his rushing total would be if he played the whole year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
He is in the perfect offense for him- and that line really opens holes. He is a straight ahead guy with a lot of speed; not a whole lot of wiggle. But the way his line is playing he doesn't need any.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Not just speed. That guy is powerful. I read an article by a sports writer who grew up in Cleveland and compared Johnson to Jim Brown. I realized that was the guy Johnson reminded me of when he ran the ball. Fast and powerful. He strikes me as a guy defenders probably dread playing against.

burmafrd

Reaction score
There is NO COMPARISON to Jim Brown. Larry Johnson has NOWHERE near that kind of power. BROWN just ate people up. Johnson does have power and breaks tackles- but to compare him to Brown.....

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Shawn Alexander, Edge and Barber are all playing behind good Olines as well, lets not discount what this guy has done. As Emmitt fans we should know how BS that argument is. His last TD was a pitch left he stops sheds 2 tacklers, than breaks all the way back to the right for a TD not too backs have the ability or vision to make that run.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am not saying he is not a good back- maybe even a VERY good back. But to compare him to Brown.....

thewivil

Reaction score
Just imagine what could have been had we traded Bryant for him. Could you imagine Johnson and Julius sharing the load? Whew!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LJ runs with an attitude. Add that to a O-line designed to run block and he is almost unstoppable.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I am forever in debt to LJ, as I had him stashed away on my fantasy teams for much of the year and dusted him off when Priest went down. He's so good and consistent that it's scary. I won first prize with him. There's no way I could lose.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
we could have drafted him from the start

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Has it ever been confirmed that trade was even offered? All I have ever read was that it is a rumor.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Has it ever been confirmed that trade was even offered? All I have ever read was that it is a rumor.

It was on the table, and Dallas, not KC, turned it down :banghead:

Gaede

Reaction score
I remember reading that the deal was two fifth round picks for AB, and NOT Larry Johnson

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And to think we could have had him for Antonio Bryant.... :banghead:
His unwillingness to block Fujita probably cost KC a playoff spot, but yeah, that would have been a good trade.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
Gaede said:
I remember reading that the deal was two fifth round picks for AB, and NOT Larry Johnson
i recall that as well, but i also remember the larry johnson rumors.. keyword is they were RUMORS

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
He would be NOTHING with the line that we have. Amazing how a line can make a team look sooo much better. Imagine that.