Recap: Last 3 games by the Bears

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The bears have rushed over 200 yards in each of their last 3 games. Yes the cowboys do need to tighten up their run defense, but Chicago is the best running team in the league by far. 200 yards rushing in 3 straight games is absolutely unheard of in todays NFL.
That's what happens when you have a running QB and a bad passing game.

JJ1986

Reaction score
Dallas has given up 1,081 rushing yards which is almost doubled the team giving up the least amount of rushing yards. Our run D is bad! No excuses. Last year it was our offense that was shut down once Denver revealed the blue print. Now that our run defense has been exposed, will Quinn make the necessary adjustments?

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/rushing/2022/reg/all

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dallas ran for 200 in five straight games last year.
:muttley:
Now why did you have to go and post that, I was all like “ok, maybe we weren’t as bad as I thought” and bam, 3 seconds later I’m right back to worrying about our run defense… :D

JustChip

Reaction score
Rushing the football doesn’t lead to points. More proof
The Bears scored 29 points (31 if they had kicked the extra points). I would say them running the ball was pretty productive point-wise.

stuckindc

Reaction score
How many holds on the Bears O were missed yesterday? I don’t know about you guys but I’m pissed off at how bad the refs were. I feel like the refs are really going to screw us when it most counts. I want an apology from the NFL.
The no calls on our dline getting held is what bothers me the most. The roughing that passer was legit. Just can’t do that. The fumble was close and could either. But out guys get mugged , seemingly every game, multiple times and nothing gets called.

ESisback

Reaction score
Buffalo’s very good defence gave up 200 rushing yards to Green Bay…sometimes there are games like that. Our rush D needs to be better…

The talking heads don’t dwell on 200+ on Buffalo NEAR AS MUCH as 200+ on Dallas. Rating$!

Proof

Reaction score
The bears have rushed over 200 yards in each of their last 3 games. Yes the cowboys do need to tighten up their run defense, but Chicago is the best running team in the league by far. 200 yards rushing in 3 straight games is absolutely unheard of in todays NFL.

i think one other aspect is that it's surprising that even when they were down several scores, they continued to run. now that doesn't change the fact that they were extremely effective and it's concerning, but 9/10 that's going to be a team forced to pass and the rush should eat them alive

Proof

Reaction score
Here it goes. More excuses for the run D.

We've had 2 games this season where we didn't allow offenses to rush 100+ yards on us. Our run D is really damn bad. There is no getting around it.

are we the robert quinn of defenses? selling out for sacks/pressure

JustChip

Reaction score
At least 13 of those points were a gift.
Immaterial. Those gifts plays happen in every game. What matters are the points at the end of the game. Chicago produced after being given those gifts.

It’s not about rushing vs. passing being better. It’s about balance and complementary football.

But to say rushing doesn’t produce points is wrong. Dallas/Pollard produced 14 points rushing the ball on 2 plays.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dallas has to plan for rush defense beyond Chicago.
Good teams will also run it and try and control the clock and wear our smallish D down.
Have to play more beefy DT and get the run stopped at times for sure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Giants held them to 12 points
Commanders held them to 7.

No excuse for the D playing this badly.
Disagree they were not the same team from those 2 games, an dbTWE we beat both wash and NY , and???? we also ebta the bears???

they reworked their offense at their bye week and started to throw in new wrinkles and decided they would run no matter what ,against no matter who and no matter the situation..its odd and hard to stop..dudes were avenging that same type of level the last 2 games and did it again against us. just because they played one way back a month agio doesn't mean its the same team, case in point, the bucs the first 3 games vs the last 3, not close to the same.

would work against most teams who dont run the ball 46 times no matter the situation, down, distance, or score.. its tough for any defenses to cover that type of run game without being gassed.

I look at it this way,

teams like that that cant throw and all they do is run and run well , eventually they are actually just running clock. we had the lead all game and they keep running. 21 , 14, 20 etc etc they just kept running and most of those drives stalled, no points or 3 points. we did stop them many times just had those few extended drives over penalties or they simply got us few times.

.well, that's the same thing our offense would do to shorten a game and eat clock with big leads. teams like the bears assisted us in a lot of ways buy simply running long winded drives that ate clock and didn't typically pay off.
it looked worse with many of their scoring drives extended by bad calls by the refs , i mean it was insane how many 2nd chances that Offense got and kept our D out there..

Most NFL defenses cant stop that,

they can slow it down and beat it but Team defenses have slowly switched to nickel, dime and hybrid type defenses with smaller players to counter act the "pass Happy" league weve been in..

so when say 3-4 teams have no choice as all the all they have with Mobile qb, RBS, with huge deficiency's at OL and passing QB, they will run such a crazy different run offense , its hard to stop especially when the refs are not calling holding calls and making mistakes on roughing calls, fumbles that never were, taking back INTs etc etc

it looked far worse than it was..the bears long term will not be successful with this type of offense.

eagles are similar but hey have a a far better Pass options on their offense..so while they can be hard to defense as we saw in the 2nd half our d did stop them on all but one drive that was really our qb giving them 3 INTs but the last one was a dagger.

im not that worried. they can watch this tape a lot and figure out a way to improve but really the bears ran the clock out on themselves. that type of offense doesn't succeed long term. much lie Wildcat or gimmick offense can work at times, itys not sustainable when the team across from you can throw it and run it..

ESisback

Reaction score
Immaterial. Those gifts plays happen in every game. What matters are the points at the end of the game. Chicago produced after being given those gifts.

It’s not about rushing vs. passing being better. It’s about balance and complementary football.

But to say rushing doesn’t produce points is wrong. Dallas/Pollard produced 14 points rushing the ball on 2 plays.

No one said rushing doesn’t produce points, and those gift plays DO happen—we’re just pointing out that the gift plays always seem to happen much more frequently in our games. It happens so much more than mere coincidence, so much more than what can logically be explained away.