Recap: Last 3 games by the Bears

mattjames2010

Reaction score
1)Chicago has a great running game. Today was the third week in a row they had over 200 yards rushing.
2)They didn’t actually HAVE over 200 yards rushing, as the refs GAVE them several plays.
3)While Run D is our biggest weakness, it IS improving. If anyone can fix it, it’s Quinn.

1. Yes, I read the title.

2. LOL k

3. There is no indication it's improving unless you think Hankins is going to be that much of an impact

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

2. LOL k

3. There is no indication it's improving unless you think Hankins is going to be that much of an impact

the bears were so committed to the run that they were running while down 20 points in the late 4th qtr. running is all they could do. All their passes we were disrupting. How many teams can recreate that rpo offense that gives us trouble? Less than 4 in the whole league run it

Reactions: BAT

ESisback

Reaction score

2. LOL k

I think Hankins will have some kind of positive impact. Besides, I’d rather spend time being hopeful than I would waiting for the other shoe to drop.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Giants held them to 12 points
Commanders held them to 7.

No excuse for the D playing this badly.

They got gifted 2 touchdowns after having a questionable flag after Diggs made an interception and when the fumble was ridiculously reversed.
They probably also wouldn’t have had the field goal just before half-time if the interception had stood.
So the defence did its job, but got screwed by the officials.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

I wonder if holding was legal or not in those games. If they call a few of the egregious ones they’d have scored about 15 tops.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
nah, they weren’t great but they still got 4 sacks, had an interception that was overturned on a phantom roughing call and dealt with Micah being held with no flags all day with video proof. Cows defense had to overcome the bears rpo crap and the refs too. They were solid
Our D was also down a few players due to injury and had several others that were playing hurt. The bye couldn’t have at a better time.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
All in all this was a good game for the Cowboys. Got a big lead and the D loosened up a bit. I am sure Quinn will address that. He is a good coach. The game was about what I expected.....a big easy Cowboys win. The Bears got terrible scheduling from the league with a Monday night road game in NE followed by a 1PM Sunday road game in Dallas. Thus Chicago got off to a very slow start. Overall 6-2 is a good start to the season especially playing five of those game with a backup QB. Some are concerned about the Eagles and being two games behind in the division race. I say it is a long season and there is a lot of games/time left. The first half is a time when a team wants to remain in contention for the playoffs and Dallas has certainly done that. The second half is where a team makes or breaks its season. As time goes by the games and how a team is preforming becomes extremely important. Make the playoff then anything is possible.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Well I mean I’m simply talking about all the rushing yards. A lot of their points came from bogus phantom penalties and the refs acting like they can’t see our linemen being held on every play. Those things really happened
Yeah the refs have it out for the Cowboys. That's why we were gifted two bogus game changing referee mistakes in our favor last week. Please stop whining. This is why cowboys fans are so hated nationally.

Macnalty

Reaction score

The eagles showed how to exploit this Defense, Chip Kelly them. No secret it takes Micah out of being in Hulk mode and places pressure on the rest of the talent.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The game against the Bears is reason why you want your defense stronger against the pass. The Bears ran for 200 yards but still lose by 20. The Bears actually ran the clock out on themselves. With the way the rules are in the NFL now teams will have problems with RPO because you hit the quarterback you will get a penalty. The Ravens, Buffalo, Eagles, and now the Bears have mastered this. You saw what happened when Dak started running, the offense became unstoppable.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah the refs have it out for the Cowboys. That's why we were gifted two bogus game changing referee mistakes in our favor last week. Please stop whining. This is why cowboys fans are so hated nationally.

you can ignore reality if you want to, but I won’t. Yeah they call a fumble on the field and then there’s no clear and apparent recovery and they overturn it. Micah literally said a referee told him “I didn’t call the holding against you because you were nowhere near the play action.” Umm since when do we not throw flags just cause the holding happened away from the play????

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well I mean I’m simply talking about all the rushing yards. A lot of their points came from bogus phantom penalties and the refs acting like they can’t see our linemen being held on every play. Those things really happened
Yep those things accounted for 17 points!

Polkton31

Reaction score
you can ignore reality if you want to, but I won’t. Yeah they call a fumble on the field and then there’s no clear and apparent recovery and they overturn it. Micah literally said a referee told him “I didn’t call the holding against you because you were nowhere near the play action.” Umm since when do we not throw flags just cause the holding happened away from the play????
Micah should have responded with, "I was nowhere near the play action, BECAUSE of the holding."

J-man

Reaction score
The refs are helping them achieve these rushing stats.

foofighters

Reaction score
nah, they weren’t great but they still got 4 sacks, had an interception that was overturned on a phantom roughing call and dealt with Micah being held with no flags all day with video proof. Cows defense had to overcome the bears rpo crap and the refs too. They were solid
No, they weren't solid. Tackling was an issue at times. That roughing the passer wasn't a phantom call. It's a penalty. I don't agree with it but I can bet there have been a lot meetings about what the refs are going to call in this situation. It was a bone head play. Sacks are great and our D well does well at defending the pass but we struggle against the run. Think about Winter football in freezing conditions...how does that turn out for us in January if neither team is passing the ball well but the other team runs the ball well?

Surfguy

Reaction score
How many holds on the Bears O were missed yesterday? I don’t know about you guys but I’m pissed off at how bad the refs were. I feel like the refs are really going to screw us when it most counts. I want an apology from the NFL.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

True but turnovers and penalties that extended drives helped. That 5 minute blitz really turned things around in the Bears favor. Plus bears offense has been getting better.

All that said, no excuses the Dallas defense has to be better