Last 3 SB winners trend

tunahelper

Reaction score
2005 Steelers 5-3 down the stretch & wild card

2006 Colts 4-4 down the stretch & wild card

2007 Giants 4-4 down the stretch & wild card

This team has a chance and thats all they deserve. It will be in their hands with no excuses.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It does prove that all you need is for your team to get going at the right time. I'm sure all those teams had fans that mailed it in at the midway point as well though.

Bet most of those people were firmly on the bandwagon for the Superbowl parade pretending they'd never left in the first place.

Hopefully we'll see some of that here as well.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
tunahelper;2396221 said:

This team has a chance and thats all they deserve. It will be in their hands with no excuses.

That will be the rallying cry around Valley Ranch for the next two weeks. This is what everyone will point to.

Silverstar

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396226 said:
you feel better now ?

I feel better.

btw, you can change your sig to 5-4 now...unless 5-3 just makes you feel better.

:)

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
those are very interesting stats, I for one still feel if we get in the playoffs all bets are off. I also forgot the Colts were a wild card team the year they won it all.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
As long as we keep this kind of stat to the forum and keep it out of players minds. They need to play like their football lives depend on it, not like they are destined to win the superbowl now that they are 5-4 BS.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I was just going through the remaining schedule for all of the contending teams, and we could easily go into our final game of the season at 9-6 but needing only to win that game to make the playoffs, no matter what any other teams do that day.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
tunahelper;2396221 said:

I am a bit confused by these stats.

Are you saying that these were the records of these teams the last 8 of games of their season?

Or that these teams had these records halfway through the year before they made a big run?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Got to make the playoffs before you can win anything. There are a few teams in the NFC that could snatch the wildcard away from the Cowboys if they continue playing at this level.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
tunahelper;2396221 said:

Colts were 9-0 and won their division in 2006

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
tunahelper;2396221 said:

You realize if we go 4-4 down the stretch that the best we could do, is be 9-7. That aint gettin us in.

tunahelper

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2396944 said:
You realize if we go 4-4 down the stretch that the best we could do, is be 9-7. That aint gettin us in.

I do realize it. I wanted to point out that these teams struggles and Dallas has the opportunity to make it right.

I now feel better! :D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2396944 said:

If we go 4-4 we will have lost a playoff game since we only have 7 games left. We are 5-4 now and 4-3 will not get it IMO.

Adam's likely correct. We will likely need to win the Philly game to get in. However, we can win out.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
With the exception of the Pats, and the early '00 Eagles, what the "new" NFL has begotten is as follows:
With Free Agency, Salary Cap, and other "parity" measures has made it that, whoever gells and clicks and gets hot in the second half of any season stands a fighters chance of winning it all.
With all the moving around of players and coaches, about a third or more of most everyone's roster and staff changes hands. There's no continuity, no consistency. I can remember a day when I could name you the entire Cowboy starting roster for a decade at a time. I became a fan in 1965, and it was the SAME FOLKS aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll through the 70's, all through the 80's, and the first half of the 90's. No more.
So, what we get is Tampa and Baltimore winning it all, and Seattle (yeah, SEATTLE!!!!) going to a SB. That's pathetic and undeserving to any real football fan to sit through.
Now, our beloved "dominant" and historic Cowboys are in the same boat as everyone else. If they get together, get hot, click, gell, and just "happen" to get into a groove, they have as much a chance as the Cardinals and the Texans of the world. Teams that, without the parity measures, would be joked out of the league by now.
So, that being said, and THAT being a FACT...............I say Dallas wins the SB. What the hell?????