Last game VS the Beagles...

Batman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lewpac
And that's the usual response from an idiot whose been check-mated. Because I called you out of your "Romo-kool-aid-drinking" cult and asked you to give us one, and in ONE FRICKIN ONE time when Romo came through when it REALLY counted. Not against the Seahawks in November. Not against the Bears in September.
Give us ONE, as in ONE FRICKIN ONE time where, when the heat is on, that Romo hasn't put the ball on the ground or delivered a perfect pass to a wide open line-backer!!!!
You're all "starry-eyed" about Romo like a teenage girl stalking David Cassidy. You're awe-struck by the bling and the stats. But you got your head up your arse when it comes to what counts in NFL football. Maturity, control, cool under pressure, and not turning the ball over.
Again, for the umpteenth time, I'll put this forth: If you did a highlight film of Romo's career up till now, what would it be? It would be a buffet of flubs, misteps, fumbles, INT'S., and the predictable "adventure" in our own endzone, with the ball usually ending up on the ground.
WE need a QB!!!

First, click my user name and see my posts, you will see a lot of Romo bashing from me in them. Now that I put that on the table, I will be the first to say that the Giants game was a huge game, and Romo played as good as he could have. He was playing in serious pain and hurt in that game. While I still have questions about how he will play in upcoming big games and the playoffs; you have to give the man credit. He played big in a big game with the Giants. For us that was equal to a playoff game, we lose and we are pretty much done for seeing the playoffs and can only hope for outside help to get us in. Romo played big last night and I am hoping and praying that was the game that got the monkey off his back and he is about to take it to a new level. While I am certainly not confident yet, Rome clearly took a big step in the right direction.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2498649 said:
Actually in 2005, we swept them. We won big in Dallas and beat them in Philly 21-20 on Roy Williams int TD

But I agree, we do owe them.

We needed help to get in the playoffs in 2005, and the next to last piece of the puzzle, aside from us needing to beat the Rams later that night, was Philly winning.

Reid called off the dogs in Philly's final game that year to keep us out of the playoffs.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Philly is gonna get upset by Washington next week. Watch it happen.

mcnabbmcnow

Reaction score
Cold weather, insane crowd...that game at the end of the year in Philly could be tough. Personally, I think the Eagles didn't care about the Browns that much last night because they know they have at Washington coming up in 6 days and then the Dallas game...they didn't want anyone injured, especially Westbrook. The total yards last night was like 410-190 or something like that, so it was domination. Mcnabb did stall in the red zone. One thing I can guarantee, it won't be as high scoring as the first game...Felix Jones made a big difference in that game.

mcnabbmcnow

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2498992 said:
Philly is gonna get upset by Washington next week. Watch it happen.

If Washington had beat the Bengals, maybe, but now they are virtually out of it. Samuels is out for the year, and this is a revenge game for the Eagles. I don't see Wash. winning.

Boysboy

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow;2499478 said:
If Washington had beat the Bengals, maybe, but now they are virtually out of it. Samuels is out for the year, and this is a revenge game for the Eagles. I don't see Wash. winning.

The Eagles will win, but Samuels replacement has actually played well.

BTW-2 weeks ago, I predicted the NFCS would send 3 teams to the playoffs. I reluctantly stand by this prediction.

Boysboy

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow;2499474 said:
Cold weather, insane crowd...that game at the end of the year in Philly could be tough. Personally, I think the Eagles didn't care about the Browns that much last night because they know they have at Washington coming up in 6 days and then the Dallas game...they didn't want anyone injured, especially Westbrook. The total yards last night was like 410-190 or something like that, so it was domination. Mcnabb did stall in the red zone. One thing I can guarantee, it won't be as high scoring as the first game...Felix Jones made a big difference in that game.

We have Tashard Choice now though. And Miles Austin is healthy.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I expect Dallas to perform in Philly similar to the way they performed there last time they played there.

I have complete confidence that if we need to beat them to get in that we will.

I'm not sold, yet, that they're just going to cake walk the Skins on Sunday. Whose to say that they won't essentially be out of it by the time we get there?

I like our chances either way.