Last Remaining Cowboys Free Agents

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
As we reach the second wave of free agency, here are the only unsigned free agents left from the 2023 Cowboys roster:

-RB Rico Dowdle
-TE Sean McKeon
-OL Chuma Edoga
-DT Johnathan Hankins
-CB Stephon Gilmore
-S Jayron Kearse

I would like to see Gilmore back. Also think there's a spot for Dowdle here since he plays special teams and can be a complementary back to our likely rookie starter.

Carson

Reaction score
I would think that they would sign at least sign 1 of their own this week. Whoever they sign won't cost them a compensatory pick.
I would hope Hank and Dowdle come back

Hank is solid against the run and Dowdle has proven to be solid RB and special teams depth.

Not sure why this team is so obsessed with 5th and 6th round picks

rambo2

Reaction score
I would hope Hank and Dowdle come back

Hank is solid against the run and Dowdle has proven to be solid RB and special teams depth.

Not sure why this team is so obsessed with 5th and 6th round picks
The picks give them capital that they can trade for players like they did last year for Cooks, Gilmore, and Lance. They are set up to do that again this year.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
A bit disappointed that Washington didn’t sign Kearse. Probably doesn’t matter we’re maxed on comp picks.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
They already signed a safety. We should not resign him either.
Just Hank and Gilmore for me.
We will sign a **** ton of UDFA after the draft to fill out the roster.
Everyone thinks we are good at finding diamonds after the draft, it's just that we are cheap and go this route to flush out the roster.

quickccc

Reaction score
As we reach the second wave of free agency, here are the only unsigned free agents left from the 2023 Cowboys roster:

-RB Rico Dowdle
-TE Sean McKeon
-OL Chuma Edoga
-DT Johnathan Hankins
-CB Stephon Gilmore
-S Jayron Kearse

I would like to see Gilmore back. Also think there's a spot for Dowdle here since he plays special teams and can be a complementary back to our likely rookie starter.

- Are there no takers on the market for Jevon Kearse ?
Could a Juanye Thomas be in consideration for bidding for Kearse's "vacant" spot ?
Or could Thomas be overrated in this sense ?

- More and more, I don't see Gilmore re-signing on Cap Boy's vet mininum wage crusade - Gilly could eventually
sign with a SB contending team (Chiefs?)

- I'm preparing myself to lose Hankins - as another one of Cap Boy's vet minimum wage victims.

- I hope the team will invest more in Asim Richards than they did Chuma.
But we cannot count on ball and Watlesko as depth, imo.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't be shocked if the FO goes frugal and passes on their FA players to rely on the draft for help. They might feel it's their best bet, moneywise.

Last edited: