Last two drafts will probably produce at least 6 starters

waving monkey

Reaction score
I hope you're right. But Green didn't look great, it's way too early to say much about Brown, and L. Collins could end up getting benched if he doesn't turn it around. M. Collins has made a couple nice plays, but I'm not sure he's long-term starter material either. Too early to tell either way.
I have read that the staff is very high on Malik Collins. Consider his lack of training camp practice,if you will.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I have read that the staff is very high on Malik Collins. Consider his lack of training camp practice,if you will.

No doubt, it's way too early to write him off. I just think it's too early to make a call either way. I'll even point out, from what I've heard and read, DT is a tough spot to make an impact early on.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Really just Ware. Spears was a bust. Burnett left after his rookie deal I think. Barber was more flash than substance. Canty was JAG. Rat was great value for a 7th rounder till he went nuts

I think you're underestimating a few of these guys. Spears, Burnett and Canty were very solid starters. Ratliff was an absolute home run. Barber gave us 5 strong years. Most drafts are considered good if they give you 3 starters. We doubled that.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah, I too agree that the 2005 draft was great. I still remember watching it! Sure, not all the players are still here or even in the NFL but they gave us some great production.

Then you have drafts like 2009. Stuff that nightmares are made out of!

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Yeah, I too agree that the 2005 draft was great. I still remember watching it! Sure, not all the players are still here or even in the NFL but they gave us some great production.

Then you have drafts like 2009. Stuff that nightmares are made out of!

I remember being mad about the Ware pick. I wanted Merriman. Thank goodness I wasn't in charge. Ha ha.

Something that makes the draft even more impressive - it essentially changed us from a 4-3 defense to a Parcells preferred 3-4 by itself. Man, could you imagine coming out of next years draft with 4 starting caliber defensive linemen? Good times.