last week Czar's scoop, Roy injury?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
nobody ever mentioned this, but since someone mentioned they thought RW might be playing injuried in another thread...thought I'd post:

GAME: Detroit at Dallas
TIME: 1 ET

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Cowboys QB Tony Romo looks to throw deep and often against the Lions, who will be starting some new defenders in end Corey Smith and SOLB Alex Lewis. Based on the mood, the Lions were acting more like a playoff team than the Cowboys yesterday. Jon Kitna is 98 yards from a 4,000-yard season and offensive coordinator Mike Martz puts him in the same league with Marc Bulger and Kurt Warner. This will be former first-round pick Mike Williams' last game for the Lions. Cowboys SS Roy Williams had his left knee wrapped and continues to be a liability in deep coverage. Dallas hopes to get reserve safety Tony Parrish some playing time. Dallas WR Terrell Owens leads the NFL with 17 drops, a career high.

CZAR'S SCOOP: The playoff-bound Cowboys may end up with 10 wins, but they are coming off their second consecutive meltdown at home and the defense has surrendered 93 points in the past three games. The Super Bowl talk has died down and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he's as disgusted as he's been in 17 years. Parcells, who sounds like he's returning, said he still has hope in his team. "I won't let the negativism that permeates this town from week to week stay in place, because if I'm negative about it," Parcells said, "then I'm afraid my players will be. I'm not ready to put the flowers in the hearse." If Tuna does return, he would like to be able to spend six to eight weeks away from Dallas in the off-season. That would be a major change for how Parcells has always kept his finger on his players in the off-season.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well the injury question was related to whether his shoulder was hurt. So it seems he may have a bad knee and a bad shoulder.

Despite what folks said, I never bought that "healthiest team in the league" business. You know I really am curious as to the guys who will need surgery...or at least major rehab for unreported injuries. Henry and TO are definite surgery candidates, but I wonder who else.

visionary

Reaction score
i can only shake my head in sadness when i see intelligent posters making every excuse in the world for an over-rated, has-been, over-paid player rather than accept the facts.

a safety has 2 functions, tackling and coverage

roy has never been able to cover so that is out. take your pick on the excuses.

this year his poor tackling has been brought up and so people are trying to find excuses for this such as "he is injured" etc. the fact is that you can go back 2-3 years and watch games and see that when roy tackles he does not wrap up, he is only interested in the big hit, not the tackle.

so i say again: over-rated, has-been, over-paid, un-motivated.

the mistake we are making with roy is not how we are using him but drafting him #8 overall for good PR and then paying him a boatload of money.

just the facts.