Last Year NFL Network Simulcast Their Last Game

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2507307 said:
Sure, but most of those teams don't have near the storied history in their prior venues.

I mean, the NFL network thinks enough of it to show all Cowboys all day long in their programming lineup.

The network would be doing that even if this wasn't the last game in Texas Stadium.

The Cowboys are a HUGE ratings draw, so they're going to run all-Cowboys, all-the-time leading up to the game.

I don't know if you can say that the history of the stadium warrants simulcasting this game on other networks. I think that's something only Cowboys fans are interested in; whereas, the Patriots going undefeated or getting defeated was an interest of fans everywhere - those rooting for the Pats and those rooting against them.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
You wanna know what's even worse

Not only can i not see the game because i don't have NFL network

But i have to work from 6PM till 3 AM tonight

So i don't get the privleage of being able to do anything at all. I won't even know the score until i get home.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2507179 said:
Seriously how stupid is the NFL that they make the last Dallas Cowboys game ever at Texas Stadium a NFL Network game where 70% of the country will be unable to watch??? Unreal!

I'm sure the NFL Network sees the rating the Cowboys pull and probably wants a game like this to pull in new subscriptions and or complaints with local cable providers.

WarC

Reaction score
CATCH17;2507250 said:
Its such a crock. I hate NFL Network.

This.

But after they couldn't do anything for the Packers-Cowboys game last year, none of it surprises me. There were people around here ready to swear off the NFL and start watching College, Arena and CFL football after that debacle last year.

One of the biggest things that will kill interest in a team, I sincerely believe, is not the team's performance itself but the ways in which the organization and the league make the fan pay to have access to it.

For us especially its a little embarrassing because Jerruh himself is one of the champions of NFL Network.

WarC

Reaction score
viman96;2507470 said:
I'm sure the NFL Network sees the rating the Cowboys pull and probably wants a game like this to pull in new subscriptions and or complaints with local cable providers.

I believe thats exactly what it is. They're leveraging fan loyalty against the cable providers in an effort to extract what they want out of them - NFL Network on basic cable packages.

Martice

Reaction score
NFL.com says they are Simulcasting the game. Does this mean they are showing the whole game or just clips?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Get over yourself. No one cares about Texas Stadium but Cowboys fans, while a potentialy undefeated team has broad interest across the world of sports.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2507800 said:
Get over yourself. No one cares about Texas Stadium but Cowboys fans, while a potentialy undefeated team has broad interest across the world of sports.
Go watch a soccer game.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2507800 said:

Thats a banning offense here !

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2507816 said:
Go watch a soccer game.

I plan on it at 10 tommorrow morning, thanks. I'll have a blast, in the meanwhile, quit your pathetic complaining.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2508147 said:
I plan on it at 10 tommorrow morning, thanks. I'll have a blast, in the meanwhile, quit your pathetic complaining.
10 tomorrow morning can't get here fast enough for the rest of us.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2508223 said:
10 tomorrow morning can't get here fast enough for the rest of us.

Wahhhh NBC ESPN AND the NFL network hate us. Wahhhhh, Wahhh, Wahhhh.