Late Night Feeding

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The Whataburger thread got me to thinking about late night feeding spots. You know those spots you go to after drinking a little too much at the bar or a party and you've just gotta have on the way home.

Growing up in a small Texas town my teen years were limited to mostly Whataburger, Taco Cabana, and Dennys. Taco Cabana had an awesome salsa bar, good sopapillas, and pretty good margaritas. It was one of those spots that you could get a descent fajita and see a chick puke on the floor at the same time. Whataburger was a spot you could get a good double meat jalapeno cheeseburger and a fight in the parking lot all in one meal. Dennys was like riding the subway at 2:00 am, you could see midgets, hookers, and Korean Elvis impersonators (actually saw this one) all while waiting on your Moons Over My Hammy with nothing but an old bottle of Tabasco for protection.

Now that I'm older and travel quite a bit preferences have changed. My wife and I have really gotten into the food truck scene. They're smart people and park around the bars on the weekends so you can always count on burgers and taco trucks near by.

If I've got to pick one spot though it would be Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans. My wife and I have been going to Jazz Fest for years and we go to Cafe Du Monde for beignets and coffee every night we're there. You can walk into the place three sheets to the wind and walk out a new man and ready for round 3.

What spots am I missing? I need new fodder ideas.