Late Round QB

Mannix

Reaction score
Rather than throw away some stupid pick, I am ALL OVER Steven Montez...I’ve never seen this guy look anything but poised...great arm...strong build...smart! ***And I hate Colorado...I have no dog in this fight***

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Eason has physical tools, Fromm has moxie. Outside of those 2, every other QB doesn't stand out and all feel close to UDFA's.

Of course some will get drafted, but none really that I would spend a pick on. Maybe the Oregon State kid?

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Look for Fromm and Eason as possibilities if the Cowboys stay put at 123. But they’ll attempt to trade up for one of the prospects that remain on their board with 3rd round grades.
That arm tho on Eason. I just see a Fromm as the kind of backup QB McCarthy likes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Rather than throw away some stupid pick, I am ALL OVER Steven Montez...I’ve never seen this guy look anything but poised...great arm...strong build...smart! ***And I hate Colorado...I have no dog in this fight***
Steven Montez does look pretty good as a project backup who could build just in case something happens to Dak. Pretty good arm, accuracy and mobility for his size (6'4", 235 lbs, 4.68 40). Completion percentage averaged around 62.5% with no more than 10 INTs in a season. Problem is he never passed for more than 2,840 yards in a season, even though he had some pretty good receiving weapons like Laviska Shenault and others at Colorado. He definitely looks better than Cooper Rush. Wouldn't mind picking him up late in the draft.

Chappy

Reaction score
Steven Montez does look pretty good as a project backup who could build just in case something happens to Dak. Pretty good arm, accuracy and mobility for his size (6'4", 235 lbs, 4.68 40). Completion percentage averaged around 62.5% with no more than 10 INTs in a season. Problem is he never passed for more than 2,840 yards in a season, even though he had some pretty good receiving weapons like Laviska Shenault and others at Colorado. He definitely looks better than Cooper Rush. Wouldn't mind picking him up late in the draft.

Yes Yes and Yes.

I would not mind spending our 5th Rd pick on him.

ultron

Reaction score
Look for Fromm and Eason as possibilities if the Cowboys stay put at 123. But they’ll attempt to trade up for one of the prospects that remain on their board with 3rd round grades.
They probably still have prospects that they have a 2nd round grade on - sitting out there.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I'd be keen on the QB from Hawaii Cole McDonald in round 5. Here's how he looks:

I think he's one of the more underrated QBs in this draft.

Looks very good. Clean up that release a bit and you have something definitely. He has GREAT wheels.

I like the WR Ward too.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Nah...rather stick with defense.

Bryce Hall
Kenny Robinson
James Lynch
Nick Coe
Joe Bachie
James Fuller
Jonathan Garvin
James Smith-Williams
LJarius Sneed
Reggie Robinson

Ok, maybe Eason at our 180? pick if he falls that far but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Honestly, I’ve found my mind looking for alternative for Dak and that’s something. I never through I would do.

If I get Fromm or Eason available, I’m taking them. My preference being Fromm. We don’t even know if Dak is ever going to sign a contract. We‘ve already tried to make him the richest contract in NFL history and he didn’t even bother looking at the numbers. He just said “More”.

No. No More.

Here’s your new backup and your replacement if you don’t get it together.

I ride Dak through this franchise year that he forced us into and give McCarthy a year with a rookie QB to evaluate and see if we have something and then at least we may have an option in 2021

it’s certainly worth a 4th round pick to me. No one cares about spending a fourth on Dak. Why would it be a problem now?

Right now we got nada

if we end up signing Dak long term, then Fromm gives us a grade A smart and Dependable backup who can get us a .500 record during any injury stint for Dak.

SSoup

Reaction score
My preference being Fromm. We don’t even know if Dak is ever going to sign a contract. We‘ve already tried to make him the richest contract in NFL history and he didn’t even bother looking at the numbers. He just said “More”.

No. No More.

Here’s your new backup and your replacement if you don’t get it together.
:facepalm: